Boots

ok

Those that dig leather boots will love our next store (named Patina) opening this Spring, very close to Self Edge. We're taking boot making and production back to the true art form it is.

You better keep me udated on this. If you are about to do what I think you are about to do I'm going to make you, mrs. Self-edge & Disel very wealthy.

:)

Black Lace Up's gonna be your first project? Self Edge x Patina Selvedge Laces?

Looking forward to checking out the new store.

This won't be related to Self Edge.

Patina will be to leather (boots, belts, wallets) what Self Edge is to denim.

We're doing custom, made to order, and truly artisan boots. All the footwear will be made in USA and the wallets and belts will be made in Japan. Once you see what we're doing you'll understand. We're trying to take it back to where footwear belongs, an artist's rendition of footwear.

I have to say, I rather like the state of footwear today. Which is to say, I can afford it.

These will be affordable.. Most everything will cost between $300 and $450.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive kinda been after some nice boots for a while, been tempted by ~Frye Brandos, Black Butteros etc.... but from the UK they are kinda tricky to get.

Also everything on pediwear, and the military sites just dont seem to have the same sillouette ( on possible exception being the C&J Coniston, but thats a tad too expensive at £280 ).

On Barneys there are some nice "Barneys CO-OP" branded styles, can anyone comment on the quality? I know another poster was really underwhelmed at the quality on officine creative that he got from barneys so I just would like to have an idea of quality regarding barneys co op brand....

PS - I got some costume national boots, very impressed. Nice.

OK, thats good to hear.

If anyone has these Id really appreciate some photos to give me a better idea of the shape of the toe box.

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/product.s?productId=760135&source=category&index=37&prodIndex=37&listSize=41&categoryId=281248

I saw those in person this weekend. They're very nice, and they have a nice shape to them, but they're without a doubt combat boots -- i.e., you wouldn't mistake them for work boots or standard lace-ups. They're essentially a classic combat boot style done up with much nicer leather and minimalist styling. I can also vouch for the quality of Barneys boots, they're great for the price.

I saw those in person this weekend. They're very nice, and they have a nice shape to them, but they're without a doubt combat boots -- i.e., you wouldn't mistake them for work boots or standard lace-ups. They're essentially a classic combat boot style done up with much nicer leather and minimalist styling. I can also vouch for the quality of Barneys boots, they're great for the price.

thanks for the info, but before I go badgering a NY proxy for em, what shape toe do they have??? Squared off? Rounded? Pointy?? I dont want to look too cowboy in em and they appear to have a western shape in one of the photos, but its a naff angle and so I really cant tell....

Pics would be rep-worthy people.

thanks for the info, but before I go badgering a NY proxy for em, what shape toe do they have??? Squared off? Rounded? Pointy?? I dont want to look too cowboy in em and they appear to have a western shape in one of the photos, but its a naff angle and so I really cant tell....

Rounded. Not pointed or squared off. Very much like your standard combat boot.

There's a different pair of Barneys Coop boots, described as "lace-ups" that are a beautiful cordovan color and have a slightly pointed toe. I have a pair of them and I love them. They remind me of a slightly more-fashion-forward Alden cordovan (gotta pick up the Aldens as my next pair of boots!)

tried these on the other day...toe is rounded. very nice boots.

• 1 month later...