Boots

ok

Would these very nice, but expensive, Alden's fit good under a pair of slimfit jeans?

I personally don't think that it is technically proper to wear a boot under a slim jean, but you can do it if you want. I've worn them (4060, AF60, Indy, etc.) under a slim fit jean before, but clearly a small hem means that the hem won't hit the heel and leaves most of the boot showing. I wouldn't do it, but I suppose you could do what Leonard Leroy does...

IMG_2759.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to find any nice combat boot ish things for under $200 (other than actual surplus boots). Something similar to w+h service boots or the boots posted directly above. Going to be looking around vintage, anything else?

Not really. Leather boots cost a decent amount. You might want to try various yoox brands when yoox sales start. You can sort by boots and color. Probably your best bet for non-surplus boots on the cheap

anyone bought these butteros yet?

http://barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=07736%2e5060

May i ask if the height of the buttero combat boots around the same as these julius ones? Because i would love to get a pair of julius but my feet size is about EUR44-45/US11-12 so i guess buttero is a more viable choice for me. More help is appreciated.Much Thanks.

julius07ssboots2ew9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I saw them in person and wasn't impressed overall with either the look or the quality. Felt clunky to me.

I got the Paul Smith Ricards which I thought were far nicer, but a little painful at $550.

http://www.barneys.com/Richard%20Boot/10431%2e7533,default,pd.html

Recently got a pair of the PS Ricards in black too, simply elegant versatile boots, couldn't be happier, money well spent.:D

They run half a size large, I wear a 42 in CP's and got an 8UK in the PS Ricards. They fit perfect with a bit of room still left in the toe area. I also own PS Starrs brogue so if you do, just get the same size you wear in Starrs. In addition, I also wear a 9.5 in chucks and a 42 in the YMC gray suede boot....hope that helps.....