state your beer, drinkers

^Really hoping that gets bottled. Regardless, looking forward to picking up whatever beers I can get from Lawson's when I am in VT in a couple of weeks.

Had a bbq with some friends at the lake tonight.. brought a growler of Hop Stash. Forgot to buy any cups, but who needs cups? ;)

tumblr_lmee0hlJDs1qjuprfo1_500.jpg

You're down in the city aren't you destructo? Is Odell distributed down there?

I'm in Denver, but Odell is based in Ft. Collins, about an hour north of here, same city that New Belgium is located (although I honestly think Odell is vastly superior). We definitely get all the beers they brew down here.

^Ahh ok, dunno why I thought you were in NYC. Anyway, going to try the Odell tomorrow. I'm sure it's great from all the people I've heard rave about them.

Had this tonight, my first Surly beer. I try to keep expectations low for super hyped beers nowadays.. opened this though and knew it would be good when I smelled the hops from just opening the can. Great IPA with a nice malty character to balance the hops, reminded me a lot of Zoe from Maine Beer Co. My opinion of cans has completely changed in the last month and this definitely adds to it.

dscn2607e.jpg

no, saw a 14th for 24.99 at whole foods last night though, seemed a little absurd

Yeah that is definitely absurd. Drank a lot of good stuff today in NYC, found KBS in a convenience store, and picked up bottles of Jester King Black Magic from youkinorn. It was a good day :D

img7300us.jpg

Pic from earlier. My first time having KBS.. both are amazing beers but I gotta give it to KBS. Need to find some Bourbon County Coffee to compare now.

Also, I heard the BA Decadence is infected ren, just a heads up.

I think alesmith gave the heads up, I wonder if they'll end up refunding down the road like other breweries have. I'll still buy it though because I still have an 08 in the cellar... Could either make a nice trade or a good chance to do a side by side tasting.

5851679808_a5b451f054.jpg

waited in line for Decadence but only ended up with a bottle of Speedway. it sucked watching a line grow in front of me rather than behind. people brought their non-beer friends to get them extras which sucked but they also decided to do the release during the NHC which made it suck even more. I wish they would have told people when Decadence was out so i could have bailed. I think i might trade it since im not too big on stouts.

358xohg.jpg

got this as a gift from a friend who didn't know japan had a craft beer scene when he went on vacation. now, if i can get over this cold i would love to drink this thing.

not sure why flickr is being stupid.

Going to Russian River tomorrow for lunch/beers with Giles from Iron Heart UK.

Let me know if anybody else is in the area.