state your beer, drinkers

The Le Terroir? We don't get it up here either but it's been out quite a while, since late 2010 I think. People on BA are talking about the hops fading a lot which is what prompted me to drink one of my bottles. I can still pick up on a little fruitiness from the hops. Overall it really reminds me of Brute without the champagne finish though honestly.

edit: the more I drink it, the less Brute-like I think it is..

Apparently surprise shipments of Cantillon are popping up everywhere.. Classic Gueuze, Lou Pepe Kriek, St. Lamvinus, Fou'Foune, and Iris. I came across 2 bottles of the gueuze today, anybody else see stuff in their area?

Fuck... pretty sure that the CT distributor for Cantillon dropped them, was hearing rumors about it a few months ago and haven't seen any new shit. Also that Nantucket brewery is providing drinks for my cousins wedding later this summer, should be dope!

where in CT you located mcpec? just got a new job in the area, and have to relocate, the beer store i went to (Harvest, W. Hartford) was good, but nothing amazing

at least i will be able to get growlers on NEBco without too much work

also heading up to Maine tonight, going to hit Novare Res and try to tour Allagash/Maine Brewing on friday

8? Haha damn, nice dude. I'm probably gonna buy a couple more this coming weekend, it seems to be pretty easy to come by in the city from what I can tell.

Been surprisingly difficult for me, probably because of the fewer cases and higher demand compared to Abacus. I didn't see any in the City of Philadelphia at least not for less than $25, but managed to out of luck when I ran into a South Jersey store that had 6 sitting on the shelf and no bottle limits. Felt kinda bad buying all of them, but if they are still sitting there for $15 each, then clearly the clientele at that store didn't know what they're missing

As for the Cantillon, I managed to snag a single 08 LP Kriek and a couple Classic Gueuze for a reasonable price. However, a local suburban shop was charging $40 for St. Lamvinus and $50 for Fou' Foune. The owner of this establishment always says, "first come, first serve" on very limited bottles but I know for a fact that he reserved a bottle of Fou' Foune for a friend of mine but not me even though I emailed him first asking for a bottle. They're tougher to come by these days, and whenever I can I'll buy as many as I can find just because I never know when I'll find them again.

Concealed I live in Glastonbury. There's a decent store here named Sonoma and a great one on Main ST in Middletown, don't recall the name thoigh. Also thanks for the link Shufon, I'll check around. Unfortunately some of those places still have really old stock, not sure if they'll be buying new stuff soon.

reserved a bottle of kiwi, peach, and persimmon from upland lambics. now to get someone on BA to pick it up for me. I have a feeling this is going to be an expensive beer month for me. going to have to drink pbr until the next couple of releases are done.

I was lucky and got Kiwi, Persimmon, and Raspberry (no peach). I had a trade set up with someone in Indy already, so he offered to pick up my bottles and ship them to me with the rest of the trade--SCORE!

Went into my spot today and the owner told me that Shelton Brothers has a terrible relationship with CT wholesalers and no one has gotten new Cantillon (or Mikeller etc) stock in over a year, retailers and restaraunts alike. He's contacted them directly trying to get them in to his store but has so far been unable to circumvent the wholesaler/distributor conundrum.

If anyone knows otherwise, let me know. CT liquor laws are fucked fom what I've heard... 2g to register a new business in state, $200 per style which is why Great Divide and other breweries are backing out.