state your beer, drinkers

i was actually surprised by the avery barrel aged series. the last time i had one of their beers i didnt enjoy it as much as i used to but those changed my mind. looking forward to the next series release from them.

I heard 07 is drinking well right now but it was a lot more bourbon-y and didn't have the chocolate flavor of 08/09/10. 08/09 are incredible in my opinion and 10 needs to mellow out a little bit, it's still too hot. I have a hookup for 09 (bombers or 12oz's) I can put you in touch with if you want some.

My normal Thursday tasting group went big this week.

ZUTzg.jpg

Three Floyds Zombie Dust (Growler)

Coast Blackbeerd Aged in Buffalo Trace Barrels

Cantillon Classic Gueuze Bottled 2010

Deschuttes Black Butte XXIII

Ithaca LeBleu E!32 (batch 2)

Bruery Black Tuesday 2010

Russian River Temptation Batch 6 x2

De Struise Black Damnation-Double Black

Oud Beersel Oude Kriek Vieille 2002 or 3

Lost Abbey Framboise de Amorosa 2011

Big Sky Ivan the Terrible 2010

Hanssens Scarenbecca Kriek x2

3 Floyds Dark Lord 2010

Firestone Walker Parabola 2011

^^I liked Parabola much more (pretty much everyone there agreed), even though the DL was a 10, which many people think are drinking great right now. I have one left I'll keep for the vert I'm building, but definitely not a beer I'm lusting after.

thanks for the input, i was considering trading Parabola + others for DL just for the sake of trying DL at least once, but from what I hear it's incredibly sweet, probably more so than what I'd enjoy.

how's that ipa shufon? i haven't seen it before

^^I liked Parabola much more (pretty much everyone there agreed), even though the DL was a 10, which many people think are drinking great right now. I have one left I'll keep for the vert I'm building, but definitely not a beer I'm lusting after.

Heard about Blind Tiger last week from a waitress at Vandaag (pretty good selection there as well), gotta check it out soon. This was the last bottle at a shop near me, cost $42 or so and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. It had an amazing mouthfeel and a crazy interesting finish, crisp/bright/sour/black pepper notes... so fucking good.

Had an 05 De Cam recently that amember of our tasting group called, "a stinky diaper full of Indian food." Very funky

The 03 I thought was fantastic, very complex with lots of crisp green apple, lemon peel, musty straw and Brett. I loved this beer and was one of the best spur beers I've ever had

Attention Los Angeles sufu beer drinkers:

ktothe and myself are trying to get a beer meet up going this week...possibly tomorrow evening around 8 PM or so at The Daily Pint in Santa Monica (open for other suggestions in the West LA area also). Shoot either of us a msg or just post something in reply if you're into it

Attention Los Angeles sufu beer drinkers:

ktothe and myself are trying to get a beer meet up going this week...possibly tomorrow evening around 8 PM or so at The Daily Pint in Santa Monica (open for other suggestions in the West LA area also). Shoot either of us a msg or just post something in reply if you're into it

I'd be really down to do this in the near future. Next two weeks are just really hectic for me - let me know if these things get regular!

^Good beer, better than Peeper, not as good as Zoe. They're all awesome though. Oh, I found De Came Oude Lambiek for $32 at my beer store today, didn't have anything to carry bottles with and I was walking though. Gonna go back and pick up a couple soon.

Sampled the Ballast Point Pale Ale with sir weidna last night and it was delicious. You gotta make it out next time Mr. Collins.

Sampled the Ballast Point Pale Ale with sir weidna last night and it was delicious. You gotta make it out next time Mr. Collins.

Indeed, was a very much worthwhile hetero-man-to-man-mini-meet-up. gotta try and make it more official with our fellow LA area sufu beer drinkers sometime soon.

Edit: it was actually Ballast's Pescadero Pils we ordered, absolutely my favorite pilsner i've tried to date. would order a keg full if I hadn't so rashly gone and sold that kegerator a few months back. fuuuuuuuuu