state your beer, drinkers

I have a Speedway Stout in my fridge right now. Just waiting for the opportunity to drink it. So far my collection of beers I'm aging/saving for other occasions is fairly large haha.

I love IPAs and stouts pretty much.

i have a lot of stuff i want to downsize, especially things ill have a tough time drinking (old guardian, double bastards, collaboration ale, 08 decadence, grand cru). been debating on throwing them on BA or even ebay. i want to start stocking up on wild/sours to have on hand, because when i try to find them locally they are out of stock.

Might be up for another swap once I finish moving and get settled.

Forgot I took this pic, had it a couple weeks ago in DC

img8515w.jpg

Maybe I got a bad bottle but I thought this beer was pretty unbalanced, definitely didn't meet my expectations.

The Brute release was pretty chill today, definitely a good time though :) I went about 2-3 hours after they had opened and apparently I'd missed the most of the beer nerd crowd. I did make a couple of trades though.. picked up a bottle of Hill Farmstead Fear & Trembling (bourbon/cabernet barrel blend) that I'm pretty stoked about as well as some Bourbon County.

Random bottles that I got in on:

img8556.jpg

Alpine Ichabod Ale

img8557z.jpg

New Glarus Cran-bic Ale

img8558y.jpg

Bobcat Bourbon Barrel Aged Unrepentant. This tasted like it was under attenuated or something.. it was pretty gross.

img8567i.jpg

Upright Five

img8572w.jpg

Random other stuff

Brought back a nice haul :o

img8576a.jpg

img8579j.jpg

No worries, I'm probably going to DC the third weekend in August.. Philly is on the way on the AmTrak. I can bring you some Brute if you're up for that.

Also, @ren-- if you know anybody who has the Ichabod Ale, get some of that. It was absolutely delicious.

i think they are gone already.. ichabod will be out but it might not be sour this year. last years was sour because 2009 wasn't ready so they threw it into another/different barrel and released it for 2010.

Picked these up randomly. Brewed locally (Kuringai, Sydney). Unfiltered, unpasteurized, no additives. Hand-written bottling date/alcohol content.

Tasted damn good; shared them with some friends in a park on a crisp, sunny, Saturday. I love Sydney at the end of Winter.

140nt.jpg

141rlm.jpg

No worries, I'm probably going to DC the third weekend in August.. Philly is on the way on the AmTrak. I can bring you some Brute if you're ...

I'll be at the beach that whole week, so unfortunately we won't be able to meet up. Just doesn't ever seem to work out for us to get together