state your beer, drinkers

stone is cool place to hang out at but the food sucks. their appetizers are good and at times their beer list can be good. I've noticed a decline to what's on tap from recent years. I'd agree on getting ballast point and alpine beers, then again I love a good Cali IPA any day. if your located in SD and need beer spots shoot me a pm as im not sure if there are many SD sufu'ers.

anyone near socal going to stone sour fest?

im in riverside but always love to venture out to sd. whats stone sour fest?

Had this last night..

tumblr_lkbpbfE7d41qjuprfo1_500.jpg

To be a blend of 75% fresh red ale/25% oak aged red ale, the oak taste in this was surprisingly strong. Pretty hoppy, tasted really fresh.. could session a few pints of this, it was much better than I expected based on BA ratings.

Well turns out that work had us relocate to Bakersfield instead of Napa Valley. Went to Sequoia National Park one day and sampled some beers at Kern River Brewing Co. Decent stuff. Their stout was really impressive. Ipa was just a touch off. Their amber was nothing special (like most ambers). Didn't get a chance to try Lengthwise rRewery in Bakersfield even though I was there for a week.

Actually, I do have the extra 3 (nelson, duet, and pure) if you want them. They no longer had good, great, or ichabod. But they are working on two sours. One being Ned and something else they couldn't be specific on. Another batch of expo might be coming up but if they don't brew it within the next month. It won't happen until next year.

McNeil's Imperial Stout, McNeil's Brewery, Brattleboro, Vermont. Unfortunately, I'm banned for life from the place after drinking one too many of those one cold, cold January night.

tumblr_lkldh3h80a1qjuprfo1_500.jpg

Just cracked this. Tropical fruit bomb like it should be.. it's a really good IPA, but not as good as Alpine Nelson, and at $6.29 + tax for a 12oz it's not really worth it.. I don't see how Mikkeller stays in business sometimes.

^^Hipsters. There are dudes that would lick Mikkel's balls as long as he charged more than anyone else was. A friend runs a beer store with really good selection that has a gang of local lib. and fine arts students that come in to only buy Mikkeller.

Haul from the Go Crazy BIF on BA:

jkRUel.jpg

CHpT4l.jpg

i tried a few of their beers which are ok but nothing i'd go back and buy consistently. i never understood the hype of their beers or brewdogs. then again, im an american...so what do i know.

New Glarus is pretty good overall, the fruit beers I've had and Moon Man are really fantastic. Everything else I've had was tasty. However, I think it's a case of limited supply really driving up demand. If you could buy NG as easily as you could fat tire, people wouldn't go as crazy over it.

However, I feel like BrewDog is all hype and their beers tend to just be okay.

^Working on landing a couple bottles of the Raspberry Tart and Wisco Red right now but honestly I was planning on just flipping it for other beers I actually want to drink. Do you actually consider it worth drinking rather than taking advantage of the hype soonami?

The NG fruit beers are legit. The Red is delicious! These beers are unlike other sour fruited wild ales in that they have plenty of body and a good bit of sweetness. It's like Boon fruit lambics if they weren't back sweetened and featured the fresh fruit flavors possible. I think that you should at least drink one bottle of the Red to know what you are trading. The hype for these beers is fairly restrained and the reviews, 600 and 700 each, are all very good. You can definitely get these for good locals/limited shelf beers. I think I've trade some Nugget Nectar, Wake n Bake, Victory at Sea, BBVD, and other Troegs and Terrapin for these beers. So not hard to get, if someone lives near Wisconsin.

I'd offer to share some with you if you lived closer. I get some tossed in as extras pretty regularly. I think I have at least 4 of each in my basement.

nice, might need to pick up a case to have 12ers on hand. sometimes I just want a beer with dinner and don't want a bomber.

also my reply was directed towards the mikkellar beers. didn't want to talk like an ass about a beer I havent tried yet. might have to trade someone for those sours.

@Soonami I might crack one and try it then.. I hate Boon Kriek but if it is like that with natural flavors/no extra sugar I imagine it's pretty enjoyable.

Also, that Sam Adams single hop variety pack sounds interesting, will definitely pick one up.

@Soonami I might crack one and try it then.. I hate Boon Kriek but if it is like that with natural flavors/no extra sugar I imagine it's pretty enjoyable.

Also, that Sam Adams single hop variety pack sounds interesting, will definitely pick one up.

It's sweet for sure, but just imagine the best cherry or raspberry soda you've ever had mixed with a bit of gueze and that's what you get.

Hit up Hill Farmstead, The Alchemist, Three Penny Taproom (awesome place!), and The Warren Store (for Lawson's Finest) today.. pretty big haul, new glassware, drinking a ton of awesome beer. Will post pics sometime soon.