state your beer, drinkers

i dont want to explicitly get into trading, but you can feel free to pm me/text me if theres anything available in Boston area that you need, we can work something out

also, I will be making a few trips to Vermont this summer for Heady Topperz/Lawsonz/Hillz Farmsteadz and will give a couple of you guys a crack at getting them $4$

Yeah that would be great, I'll send you my best homebrews for Heady Topper, HFS and Lawsons!

We get a lot of the same stuff here in PA that you get in Mass, I know because I tried to send you a box of stuff you couldn't get :P Stuff you guys can get more easily is Portsmouth, the Vermont Stuff and Goose Island (for some odd reason).

i think if anything you guys get what we get + some midwest/southern stuff

terrapin/bells/great lakes/russian river etc

portsmouth is about an hour from where I live and I can always use an excuse to get up there :)

shipped my swap box early this morning, i think all of the beers are within a 3 state radius, except one of the barrel aged offerings

so i was out in western mass later in the day and popped into a random looking liquor store to see the selection and I see these 4 Short's brewing beers and scoop em in a heartbeat

5583466525_7638534eb8.jpgUntitled by aaronpkirsch, on Flickr

took 2 weeks off from drinking but succumbed and drank one of the beers from soonami's package russian river consecration, much more boozy and less sour than I expected, but definitely tasty

5584062126_1c52d49481.jpgUntitled by aaronpkirsch, on Flickr

watching NCAA, hopefully Uconn loses so I don't have to hear my co-workers keep talking about them!

dscn2297s.jpg

dscn2299x.jpg

:rolleyes:

Today was fun, hit up 3 PA breweries and an awesome event at Capone's outside of Philly. Will post pics tomorrow.

Glad you had fun. Did you managed to get any more RR sours?

^Unfortunately we got so behind schedule that we had to rush to get to the place holding that case for me before they closed at 9. Didn't get a chance to go to any other stores. I at least drank a few pours of batch 3 Consecration at Capone's though :)

I just got back from a weekend trip to Wisconsin. I brought back as much New Glarus as I could afford without feeling too guilty. I'll post some pics later as I drink it. It sucks though because I had to pass up on some Oskar Blues that I've been wanting to try, but always next time.

Pics from yesterday:

Bullfrog Brewery in Williamsport, PA

bullfrog2.jpg

This place was super chill and the beer was amazing. They have an ongoing thing called Kegs Gone Wild where they take one of their other beers, dose it with brett and barrel age it. The one I had was a brown saison brewed on French oak chips and then aged in French oak barrels. Huge oak flavor and extremely tart. Their coffee stout was also incredible, actually thought it was better than the Founders Breakfast Stout I had on tap later.

How I started my day at 11AM :D Got a 4oz pour of every beer they had.

dscn2272a.jpg

dscn2267t.jpg

Went to Troegs next but forgot to bring my camera inside. It's got a really corporate feel and the facilities were nice, but the beer was pretty disappointing. Had a couple of their scratch beers (experimental series?) both of which didn't really impress me.

Went to Iron Hill in Phoenixville next, mostly just because I wanted to see who Ithaca was collaborating with on their upcoming sour.

dscn2284h.jpg

Iron Hill IPA, Val'Dor Tripel, Iron Hill Irish Dry Stout on nitro

Last stop was Capone's Bar in Norristown, PA. Before we got there, they had gone through kegs of Pliny the Younger, Pliny the Elder, Consecration batch 1, De Dolle Oerbier, and a lot of other good stuff. They still had a few good ones left though:

dscn2292p.jpg

Damnation, Founders Breakfast Stout, batch 3 Consecration

dscn2295c.jpg

Old Rasputin, Blind Pig

Had batch 2 Redemption too which was pretty underwhelming, then went back for a couple more Consecrations and Blind Pigs :D

Just got pics from my friend. Wish she had taken pics of the 2 full time microbiologists working in their yeast experimentation room, but she missed it. I thought it was crazy they had something like that on site. Anyway:

troegs3.jpg

troegs2.jpg

troegs1.jpg

Dreamweaver Wheat and Scratch #41 - Razz-ma-dizzle. Dubbel with a ton of raspberries and little chocolate thrown in. Not a good combo in my opinion.

troegs5.jpg

Barrels holding their next Splinter series beer, I think it's Splinter Tan. I talked to Chris Trogner about it but he wouldn't give me details of exactly what it was except that it was dosed with brett and had sour cherries in the barrels.

troegs6.jpg

troegs4.jpg

(I took this one, mad photography skills :P )

it's kind of gross but funny as it was on a brewing network podcast with the brewer, but I guess they used to store their house yeast next door which was a chlamydia lab since they had the room to store it. it was a pretty good episode.

I left town on Monday but I think my package should have arrived. I shipped mine out Friday to a place that has a show named after it's city being sunny.

stuck in Vegas until Friday. stuck drinking free cheap alcohol until then. well...free booze until friday, I can't complain.