state your beer, drinkers

Shufon, Had the Cisco Grey Lady this weekend and it was bad, but their Whale Tail Pale Ale is awesome. Now that I'm looking for it, their product is tough to come across. They must be really small scale.

Drinking this now, terrible.

28tb7r5.jpg

Drinking this stuff last night, amazing. The most hoppy and fragrant IPA I've had.

2pq3q76.jpg

@morse-- fuck yeah Flower Power :D

Also, I had Cisco Dark Woods on tap a couple days ago and it was really interesting, 8 beers mixed together, dosed with brettanomyces, and oak barrel aged.. I don't know what their year rounds are like but I'm still trying to get bottles of all the Woods series.

Leaving VT tomorrow, kinda bummed. Big photo dump coming once I'm home.

Morse, you are wrong about Leatherlips, thats a solid IPA, possible you have an old batch? Gray Lady/Whales Tale are both average beers, brewed in Nantucket, but they are pretty easy to get in the Boston market. The Woods series are their real interesting beers, but at $15+ a 750ml not everyday drinkers. Check out Pretty Things, Jack D'or is a saison and anything else you can find will be good! They are based out of Somerville, but brew down in Westport.

looking forward to those pics shufon!

Ok, sorted through most of my pics and got them online. Stopped at a gas station on the way in around midnight and picked up a few beers.. drank these when we got to our place:

img5791e.jpg

Rock Art Ridge Runner vs Rock Art Vermonster (English barleywine vs American barleywine). The Vermonster was definitely better, lots of big hop aroma and flavor. A lot better than I expected.

Next morning, I woke up early and reserved some Lawson's bottles at the Warren Store. They had no idea when he was coming in so we went out to Hill Farmstead first. Unfortunately not too many pictures got taken here but I did get one decent one of the taproom. Really wish I'd gotten some pics of the beer as well as the outside of the place.. it took 3 dirt roads to get there and had a mud parking lot. Awesome people out there.

img5807i.jpg

We spent about 3 hours hanging out at Hill Farmstead. Did a tasting of Arthur, Edward, James, Earl, and Double Galaxy. Double Galaxy is possibly the best IPA I've ever had.. definitely had more of my share of samples (they didn't sell pints).

After we finished up there, we headed south toward the Warren Store and made a stop in Montpelier at Three Penny Taproom. This place was awesome-- one of the best tap lists I've seen in a while, super knowledgable staff, and awesome food.

img5840pz.jpg

Allagash Vrienden, Allagash Confluence, Cisco Dark Woods

img5852m.jpg

Allagash Indigenuts, The Alchemist Hellbrook on cask, 2008 Pennichuck Pozharnik

img5843s.jpg

Sick taps, haha

After we finished there, we went down to Warren, made it to the Warren Store 15 minutes before closing to get my Lawson's. Luckily they actually hadn't sold out yet and still had a few extra bottles to my girl got the last 3. There was a 4 bottle limit per person and he had brought in Knockout Blonde and Vermont Black Ale that day, so we wound up with 5 blondes and 2 VBAs. No pics from here (not much to see), but here was the haul after the first day:

img5864e.jpg

13 HF bottles + 3 glasses. Wound up with 3 bottles of E (the anniversary beer) by accident instead of the single bottle I was supposed to get.

img5884v.jpg

Lawson's Finest + glass

img5886.jpg

Hill Farmstead Earl growler, Foret (organic Saison Dupont), Maine Beer Company Peeper Ale, and Paper City Fogbuster

img6033p.jpg

2010 Allagash Interlude, Maine Beer Co Zoe, and 2011 De Dolle Stille Nacht

img6043si.jpg

I had more growlers with me at Hill Farmstead but they wouldn't fill clear glass so I only got the one. Next time I'm out there hopefully they'll have the big swingtops so I can pick a couple up.

Also, we went to The Alchemist for dinner that first night but my camera battery died when we got there so no pics.. tried all their beers though.. Light Weight, Donovan's Red, Holy Cow IPA, Whonky, Petit Mutant, Pappy's Porter, and Focal Banger. Petit Mutant was an incredible sour, one of the best cherry focused American sours I've had. Holy Cow and Focal Banger were probably my favorites though, both tasted like I was breaking open a hop flower in my mouth.

Anyway, went back a couple days later to get a pint glass and stayed for a couple of beers and a snack.

img6105o.jpg

img6092.jpg

img6091.jpg

Love the logo of this place

img6095h.jpg

2x Holy Cow IPA and a Petit Mutant

A few more random pics.. was drinking Hill Farmstead Edward pretty much everywhere I went other than The Alchemist

earlblackback.jpg

Opened the Paper City Fogbuster while I was there.. decent but nothing crazy. Bought it because I'd never heard of the brewery.

img6152j.jpg

Lastly, cracked a Lawson's Knockout Blonde last night. Great stuff. I downed it without trying and I usually don't even like blondes.

img6165w.jpg

Oh, I didn't give any details on the Allagash Indigenuts up there.. if anybody sees it on tap in your area, try it. It was awesome stuff.. a one off beer that was 50% sour apple cider/50% Allagash tripel aged in wine barrels with brett thrown in. Reminded me a lot of Brute but a little bit lighter on the palette and less bretty.

Thanks concealed. Completely forgot about these:

American Flatbread

img5919t.jpg

Wheat IPA, DIPA, IPA, American Red

img5925n.jpg

Mild, Saison

Vermont Brewery

img5935al.jpg

A fruit beer and a flanders red

Also stopped by Three Needs Taproom & Brewery and had a couple of beers.

img5939z.jpg

img5941p.jpg

img5946d.jpg

i would think the glassware would be different...

grabbed the Lat 48 mixed 12

5714180967_6e24817d7a.jpg

had to go for this one first, not as strongly hoppy as I had expected

5714282201_92510d4ba4.jpg

still hoppy, very tasty

5714326509_2744bfa200.jpg

Summer Ale by Narragansett -> Citra hopped, very drinkable pale (4.2% ABV)

New bar opened in Cambridge, MA. Around 100 taps of craft beers, Mead Hall. They don't serve mead. Every glass matches the beer poured in it.

200cwwg.jpg

es5ahj.jpg

Are these the ones you were talking about Shufon?

97v2ah.jpg

Picked these up today.

2eakrdi.jpg

Both of these were great from last week, especially the stout.

2nr1ult.jpg

24v4ro0.jpg

Morse, you are wrong about Leatherlips, thats a solid IPA, possible you have an old batch? Gray Lady/Whales Tale are both average beers, brewed in Nantucket, but they are pretty easy to get in the Boston market. The Woods series are their real interesting beers, but at $15+ a 750ml not everyday drinkers. Check out Pretty Things, Jack D'or is a saison and anything else you can find will be good! They are based out of Somerville, but brew down in Westport.

looking forward to those pics shufon!

Just saw this..where are you living concealed? Leatherlips just lacked depth to me, kind of flattish maybe old flavor.

Pretty Things makes great stuff, and they're out of Cambridge I think. The Flower Power I posted above is on tap at Mead Hall...the most hoppy/floral/citrus beer I've had, fantastic.

Nah, all of the bottles of the ones I was talking about look like this morse:

cisco-lady-of-the-woods.jpg

After talking to a few people I'm not sure if they're still on shelves or not. Oh and enjoy Flower Power on tap! I think fresh Flower Power is the thing I'll miss most about Ithaca when I move.

I haven't seen any cisco's like that...Let me know when they're doing limited stuff again and I'll track some down.

I gotta say flower power on tap was one of best beers I've ever had. Total 'booze taste sensation' (@dadboner). Had a couple from a 6 pack last night, and they completely paled in comparison.