state your beer, drinkers

Snapped a bad angle on the pic but check out the head on this thing. Reminds me of orange juice in appearance, smell, taste, and mouthfeel. Then add sourness with a musky brett finish into a light fruity aftertaste. This totally lives up to its hype which is rare for a beer nowadays in my opinion.

dscn2306b.jpg

Had Ithaca LeBleu and Upland Blueberry last night. They were very different, and I'm glad I got the chance to try them back-to-back. Upland was very blueberry-y, I think one of my buddies described it best when he said that it was expecting to find seeds and stems in his glass. OTOH the LeBleu was very tart and crisp, was much funkier and more assertive. The blueberries definitely were more understated as the base beer was very bright and refreshing. Also interesting was the difference in color, the LeBleu was much paler with just a slight pink hue whereas the Upland was reddish-purple. They were so different, both really good. I felt like the mix of the two 50/50 was divine--great balance of fruit and lambic acidity. It was very enjoyable if you ever get the chance to try both!

i gamble occasionally but this time i did not. i was there for a security conference and most manufactures throw parties afterwards, and its open bar.

got to my BIF package today...gonna rest from the drive then snap some pictures then finally enjoy a real beer.

Any one hit the Collaboration event at Tony's Darts Away? It was their first anniversary and it was a great time. I only had three pints, but they had probably 30 going and changing all day. Stone even came up...

I had a Coronado Smoked Burbon Brown Ale.. pretty good, then a Stone Lucky Bastard Double Hopped! Amazing. and finished off the night with an Angle Share Bourbon (I can't remember the brewery) delicious!

they're suppose to have a lot more of these this summer so I'm looking forward to that...

^Angel's Share is from Lost Abbey, nice one having it on tap, would love to try that.

@thomas_collins -- were there a bunch of stickers in the box or did I forget to throw them in? :\

Yes! Lost Abbey... it smells amazing....

glad it made it there! fedex lost my other package. sorry i misread your BA and got you the stone collabo scotch ale.

Haha no worries, I'll bring it to a tasting and we'll try it there

Drank these last night:

Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet

dscn2312.jpg

Victory Wild Devil

dscn2323d.jpg

I had a bottle of Wild Devil about 6 weeks ago and it was great, but this one tasted kinda off to me for some reason, didn't really like it much.

happy you were able to try clown shoes, pretty local to me

recommend eagle claw fist if you can find it!

Clown Shoes just got distribution here as far as I know. The local store here has 4 different beers from them, I'll pick up the Eagle Claw Fist next time I'm in there.

Anyway, got my box from thomas_collins today, stoked about the Loakal Red! Thanks thomas!

dscn2354c.jpg

I think everybody has received their boxes now. Hope everybody is enjoying the beer :)

edit: forgot to mention the J Press tie that says Cornell on it. He included a note telling me to throw it in one of the gorges when I leave here, which I'll probably actually do ;)

To anybody interested-- I'm taking a trip up to VT for a few days in early May and I'll be making stops to pick up Lawson's Finest, The Alchemist, and Hill Farmstead beers. If anybody wants me to proxy anything, pm me.