state your beer, drinkers

Cantillon, Drie Fonteinen, (Schaerbeekse is very good and expensive) Hanssens, Oud Beersel make very good Krieks. If you are close, drive up to Stateline Liquors in Elkton, MD, they have the best selection of Belgians I've ever seen.

Also good, Cisco Monomoy Kriek, which you can find there.

Of all the styles they could have done, why pick a Belgo Pale Ale... no hate, just curious - that's like the APC New Standard of beer styles

very glad to have a chance to grab some RR in my distribution area :)

I really want to try that... When will it be out?
2012 if i remember correctly.
Of all the styles they could have done, why pick a Belgo Pale Ale... no hate, just curious - that's like the APC New Standard of beer styles

very glad to have a chance to grab some RR in my distribution area :)

Am I completely missing something? What are these statements referring to?

This is what I thought. As far as I know, it was just handed out to CBC attendees. It was made with Sierra Nevada estate ingredients, and aged in Anchor's Fritz Maytag's family wine barrels with Russian River's house culture of critters, so there's not a lot of it. Edit: I'd share if you ever came to visit, Happy Hooligan!

I just now put it together that Ren and concealed are talking about the wide release of the brett-spiked belgian pale RR and SN are working on, d'oh!

I am actually excited, as one of Vinnie's favorite beers he has done was their blonde, Redemption, bottle conditioned with brett, and one of his favorite beers is Orval, which uses brett. I think it's going to be delicious and subtle, and an interesting beer to age as it loses it's hops and gains more funk. Plus SN using brett!? Cool.

Thanks for the offer, probably a little far to go just to taste a beer.. wait what did I just say... Is any distance too much to drink great beer? I think not...

I'm a huge fan of all things Brown Ale and that one just sounds incredible.

I'll wait to see if they do a consumer version...

^^Yep, I'm really looking forward to that beer B-Dawg. I've been seeking out any kind of IPA/Pale Ale made with brett ever since I tried Super Friends. It's just like you said, it's really interesting how much they change with the hops fading and the funk taking over.

Speaking of Sierra Nevada doing new things, anybody had Ovila yet?

Yo Ren that's lactose, as in unfermentable sugar found in milk to add body and sweetness (hence "Cow"), not the bacteria Lactobacillus. Just so you don't go trading for a beer far less delicious than all those Alpine offerings!

d'oh... im always interested in trying anything once. i've been trying to locate their beers as i hear good things about behemoth, dreadnaught, and dark lord.

i heard of superfriends from the brewing network podcast with Ithaca... wish i would have known about when it released :\

^It was keg only unfortunately. I was lucky enough to move here within a couple weeks of its release and enjoy it until all the bars ran out. The original Super Friends is in my top 5 favorite beers but unfortunately I doubt they'll make it again :\

I heard that the last keg was tapped at Extreme Beer Fest a couple weeks back and the hops had faded so much that it was a shadow of its former self. I'm making a brett/wild yeast fermented IPA right now. I'm going to give it about a year or so to get the funk cranked up and then drop hop to hell with citra and amarillo.

^That wasn't the original Soonami.. they did 3 different agings of the beer over a 6 month period and released all the agings separately in central NY bars. They kept a small amount of each and made a blend of the three right before EBF.. I didn't try the blend of course but I tried all three separately and none were spectacular in my opinion. I think they chose the wrong barrels to age that style of beer in..

Yeah, been meaning to remind everybody that 4/1 is supposed to be the deadline for shipping. I'm buying the last couple of beers tonight and will have mine in the mail tomorrow.

My box is being sent to a city which when founded had a name that was 13 words long.

Also, I'm excited about this:

HH9Id.jpg

tk6XQ.jpg

damn soonami, you should have thrown some of your homebrew into my package! speaking of which, I still am tracking down bottles for my package, been so busy

I used to throw homebrew in packages, but it seems like people like getting commercial beers better, since it's a known product. A lot of people have more beer than they can drink, so if they have something of unknown quality, they won't get to it.

ui dont keep more than i can drink, on purpose. i wish i had the time/equipment for homebrew, but i love stuff my friends brew, and i would suggest including it again, would have made me smile.

heady topper is ready to be canned? awesome, I need to make a trip to VT!

If you ever get into trading let me know, I'll give all the homebrew you'd want

i dont want to explicitly get into trading, but you can feel free to pm me/text me if theres anything available in Boston area that you need, we can work something out

also, I will be making a few trips to Vermont this summer for Heady Topperz/Lawsonz/Hillz Farmsteadz and will give a couple of you guys a crack at getting them $4$

Have any of you tried Red Horse from the Philippines?

Haha I have. I go back every summer to do volunteer work and reconnect with family. While I'm not too big a fan of chill-out ales, being in 95º climates makes me love Red Horse and similar.

Coronas on a beach with lime makes happiness.