Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I take it these fit is presoak?

I am about to buy some 9634's and a SE Chambray and I am a true waist size of 35...

Definitely go for a 35 or 34. I'm normally a 31 and went with a 30 which was uncomfortably tight at first. Like others have said on this board, they stretched out after a 5 or so days of wear.

Guest devil.beside.you

Yeah, I just washed my 634 and the sheen was the first thing i missed lol...

but, the 2nd thing, and the thing i wanted to ask you guys about was the tag

before i washed my ironhearts, the tag had an oily beautifully slick look to it...kidna wet...don't know how to explain it. After washing it, the tag now looks dry and dull..not shiny at all. Will obeneuf or w/e its called restore that rich patina?? I dont know about you guys, but that leather patch is one of the things i really love about ironhearts

The Iron Hearts have not been soaked or washed. The S001JP's were soaked for about 2 hours in warm water. These did not shrink that much in length so I'm sure they have some more shrink in them. If I could do it all over I would have gone with the Iron Hearts in size 36.

The iron hearts are sanforized, though, so they really won't shrink much with a soak or wash anyway. Just try to exchange.

Gazeboarder, thanks for the pics. Im looking for the not so baggy fit, but im a really big fan of IH. sigh, which do you like better? even if your IH are too big? and others please give suggestions :]

The hand feel of the Iron Heart's is amazing for such a heavy jean. I normally do not like denim that is too thick but these jeans changed my perception. I also really like the dark color. My Iron Heart's are very dark. The Samurai's (S001JP) on the other hand have a great slim but not too skinny fit. The Samurai denim is very stiff and is still in the process of breaking in. I also have a pair of Somet 008's that fit great for that slim but not too tight fit. The Somet denim is very smooth but also a bit stiff. They feel a little sharp behind the knees. The Somet fit reminds me of the Nudie Slim Jim fit. I don't think you can go wrong with the Iron Heart

Another fit pic of the heavy weight flannel. I'm 6'2" 175-180. This is a MEDIUM wish I went with a large, but they were sold out. Quality is great. Not as thick as I was expecting. A lot like a lined chamois shirt I got from llbean years ago. Just took this pic after wearing all day at work and it feels like the fabric does stretch but I doubt it will be much. Hopefully enough to compensate for the shrinking from washing.

ihflannel.jpg

which sammies are those? and how did you fit? really nice fit

man, I can't find IH634s in a size 28...

IH 9634's waist fit fine but the legs were as wide if not wider them Sam 5000's, so to the tailor they go!!

Hoping for a 1" taper so they will fit a lil slimmer in the legs

I just some 634S's which I love the fit of up to, but could use the leg to be a tad slimmer. I measured with the BIG method. The thigh is 12.75, knee is 9.5 and hem is 9. I'd want them to where the thigh is the same (across crotch I measured), knee is about 9, and the hem is about 8.75. Can that be done? I don't even think I've ever been to tailor. Any special instructions for them?

If anyone happens to have a pair of 34 SExIH01 they want to get rid of, I got a pair of nicely faded 32s.

Just a wee bit too tight in the thighs, or I'd keep em fo sho.

Stack's I'd take those off of you if they were just one size up.

Anyone have any size 33 or 34 SEXIH01's available?

Is the 634 cut pretty slim? The Flathead SE05BSPs fit me really well so I'm looking for a cut similar to that.

The 634s has a bit more room in the thigh but it's a straight leg jean on the slimmer side if anything...

I also have a pair of Somet 008's that fit great for that slim but not too tight fit. The Somet denim is very smooth but also a bit stiff. They feel a little sharp behind the knees. The Somet fit reminds me of the Nudie Slim Jim fit. I don't think you can go wrong with the Iron Heart

interesting that you should say this, because i usually wear the sexi04s cut like dior 19cm and i think that my somet018(cut like the 008) are almost painfully tight

The website suggests that TWHR01 will have a higher rise, but when I compare them with 634S in the same actual waist size, 634S has a higher rise. Does someone have a better idea of which has a higher rise and a fuller leg? Thanks.

There is a limited jeans and jacket just added on www.ironheart.co.uk for pre-order!

The whole story can be read here:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/TWHR01and%20II.html

Pics and details can be found here:

Jeans - http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/TWHR01.html

Jacket - http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/TWHR%20II.html

---

Here are some teasers:

Based loosely on a 1955 cut jeans and Type II jacket

- Goatskin leather patch

- Hidden rivets

- Donut buttons

- Button fly

- Selvedge detailing inside the pockets and down the front seams of the jacket

- Selvedge detailing inside the watch pocket and the fly construction of the jeans

- Two colour stitching throughout

- Extra-heavy twill pocket bags

- Half-lined rear pockets

- Belt loops stitched into waistband for extra strength

Jeans: Initial wear, 1 soak, 1 wash

wornfront.jpg

wornside.jpg

wornback.jpg

Jacket: 1 soak

onesoak.jpg

back.jpg

Is the 634 cut pretty slim? The Flathead SE05BSPs fit me really well so I'm looking for a cut similar to that.

In the larger waist size I would not consider these a slim cut. I normally wear a 36 waist and was suggested to get a size 38 in the 634SE. In this size the jeans are very baggy. As a comparison they have more room in the thigh and leg opening than my Samurai's S5000BK. I would call the 634SE in the larger waist sizes a baggy straight leg fit. If you normally wear size 36 in your jeans do not size up on the Iron Heart 634SE.