Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Looking at that picture of one year IHs makes me want to go the extreme "wear one pair of jeans, whenever I am awake everyday for the next year" on the SExIH01s I am just starting on. If it wasn't for the PBJ's 007s and the SExI's on the horizon, I might actually do it too. The Ironhearts are the ultimate marriage of simple, refined styling and ultra-sturdy construction. The fading won't be particularly sharp or super contrasty, but they have a lot of character and will continue to evolve in an interesting fashion over the years, or even decades. My goal with my Ironhearts is to be able to fit into them long enough to wear them out.

since iron hearts are one washed before they're shipped can someone give me a report on the sheen and rawness of the color?

it's more like one soak as far as sanforized denim goes. well, not really a soak but deffinately not a wash. it gets processed thru a machine that shrinks fabrics before cut/sew. i don't think it affects the sheen. besides, if you want more sheen just don't wash 'em.

...and i don't what you mean by "rawness" but they're dark as fk when you first get them.

I know bootcut isn't exactly loved on SUFU at the moment (have they every been?) but anyone of have a pair of Iron Heart 461 bootcut? Thinking about coughing up for a pair. Anyone have any sizing advise? Is there much stretch in them at all(?) I know the denim's really heavy ... thinking going down one to 31 (read on the ironheart.co.uk it measures 31.7 across anyway) but is that a risk worth taking? Looking to avoid a denim related injury.

I know bootcut isn't exactly loved on SUFU at the moment (have they every been?) but anyone of have a pair of Iron Heart 461 bootcut? Thinking about coughing up for a pair. Anyone have any sizing advise? Is there much stretch in them at all(?) I know the denim's really heavy ... thinking going down one to 31 (read on the ironheart.co.uk it measures 31.7 across anyway) but is that a risk worth taking? Looking to avoid a denim related injury.

The denim on all the Iron Hearts is really soft and very stretchy. I wear a 35 in Samurai and 34 in Iron Heart. Though, I think I might have managed a 34 in Samurai.

Ya you will be safe if your sizing down one. I had a pair that were measured 30.5, I am normally 32. I have been wearing them for a week and they are doing good, still tight especially in the lap.

What did you guys size down by if you don't mind me asking? My natural waist is 32 and I'd wear a 31 in Samurai S0110XJ and Imperial Dukes for reference. Looking at the measurements though I see the bootcut is a bit of a lower rise so might need that extra room ...

What did you guys size down by if you don't mind me asking? My natural waist is 32 and I'd wear a 31 in Samurai S0110XJ and Imperial Dukes for reference. Looking at the measurements though I see the bootcut is a bit of a lower rise so might need that extra room ...

I wear a 35 in Samurai (not VX), and bought a 34 because it was what they had in stock. After a few days of having my thighs go to sleep, they loosened right up.

Get the same size as you would your Samurais or Dukes, so get a size 31.

Here are the measurements to help you:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=211

I couldn't be be arsed to take before and after measurements, but mine after 9 months has stretched a significant amount (i'm estimating 2" at least) so that I can wear them comfortably on my hips. When I first got them, I couldn't button the top two buttons at waist level, for reference.

As for the thighs...they were painted on for the first week or so. They're far from loose now, but have relaxed more to a comfortable, slim fit.

In my opinion, Ironhearts comparable in stretching to my other pairs. Only problem is that my other jeans are all notorious stretchers (RRDS, 5000bk)

Same here, I think the guy was refering to my SExIH's. I have no clue where my post went though (deleted?) weird.

They stretched out 2+ inches out in the waist and stretched significantly in the crotch and thighs as well. The stitching and rivets are the only thing holding them back from more stretching. I also couldn't hardly button them all the way up for the first week without laying down first. They now sit very low on my waist and are still a little tight in the area with the most stitching and rivets ( upper pockets and below the waist ) but have the perfect fit, slightly slouchy and skinny throughout. I have been wearing them for about 6 months now, hardly any signs of wear, basically no fading and they have transformed from being too tight to being custom fit to my body. Couldn't have asked for anymore in a jean.

any further word on the 23oz or a restock of the 1634??

23 ounces.. not for another year or so.

1634 has been discontinued, BUT Iron Heart is going to do production runs only for Self Edge. We'll be receiving a full size run in two weeks.

after months of wondering about what Samurai's to get, I went for the 634's instead(i'm a sucker for next day delivery!)

I got the 34x34 with the interim detailing, and they were a struggle to do up initially but now they are done up they aren't uncomfortable - would anyone recommend sizing up to a 35" waist to compensate for shrinkage or should I just wear these before washing/soaking and let them stretch a little?

have to say I got great service from Giles, would recommend using ironheart.co.uk to all the EU residents thinking about a purchase, those of you in the US already know Kiya is the go-to guy!

I got the 34x34 with the interim detailing, and they were a struggle to do up initially but now they are done up they aren't uncomfortable - would anyone recommend sizing up to a 35" waist to compensate for shrinkage or should I just wear these before washing/soaking and let them stretch a little?

They stretch a lot. I got 34s (wear 35 in Samurai Texas Cotton, 36 in SDA). My thighs fell asleep for the first week, but they are now my most comfortable jeans.