Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

So you can't get rakuten iron heart goods shipped to USA?

It's up to the Japanese retailer to decide whether they want to ship internationally or not. There are a number that will and it's no problem to get IH goods shipped to the USA. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, the Yen continues to fall against the US dollar, so IH goods are getting cheaper every week. 

An update - the Yen continues to drop dramatically against the dollar. Since July, it's dropped about 20%, and dropped 5.7% in the last month alone. It's like a daily sale as exchange rates are recalculated nightly and you can watch the price drop almost every day. (Thank you Japanese Central Bank and quantitative easing.)

November 5 prices on Rakuten (for two I'm considering).

IH-666-XHS - $284  

666S-L 19 - $208

December 5 prices on Rakuten

IH-666-XHS - $268  

666S-L 19 - $196

Just put up a pair of SExIH22-301 in Size 30 (you know: left hand twill, gray weft, awesome loomstate denim) due to sizing issues.  Wanted to bump it once here.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/157921-fs-sexih22-301-size-30/

(and on IH forums: http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6940.msg379903#msg379903)

Thanks guys.

SEXIHXLSXA13's... I f'ing love this denim.

3563D003-4ACA-47BA-A43D-A4D6BD336024_zps

Give me another 300 wears or so and these will be awesome. This will take me forever, unfortunately, but I can't wait to see the results.

Nice to see someone wearing them! How much stretch have you experienced in the thigh and waist area? I'm waiting for my pair to come back from RFG's leg tapering service. Once they come in, I'll be wearing mine everyday until the weather gets hotter. Sad I can't find any pictures of them with heavy wear. If anyone has seen any, please post pictures.

Edited by Manok

The waist stretched a bit (maybe an inch, haven't measured them in a long time), I'm not sure if the thighs have at all. Fanya has the 634 cut in this denim and has posted some heavier wear pics either here on sufu or on the Iron Heart forum, if not both. Mine have more wear than this pic shows (bad lighting), and you can find some of my other pics in the hwdc2 thread, but Fanya's pair destroys mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a pair of the new 666-II in a size 32, but they unfortunately didn't shrink much at all after a hot soak (aside from the 1" waist and length. legs are just a little bit too loose on me). Look like I need to go down to a size 31, so if anyone is interested in taking these off my hands, I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Yes, that's an easy repair and normally (if done well) isn't noticeable from the outside of the jean because the original stitching would be taken out and redone in the same thread color/gauge.

IH 666s

14 months

16128038126_210c89c681_z.jpg

sorry for crappy pics, happy new year   :D

Is there a way to prevent whats happening around the crotch area? It looks like theres going to be a blowout soon. I just started to break my IHs in and I can see that my crotch area is fading a lot faster than everything else. Just like your pair. 

I destroyed my N&F weird guys and I'm looking to invest in a set of premium denim.  With how well they're priced I'm considering buying a pair of the 666s-19L off of Rakuten but I had a few questions.

Is it recommended to go TTS on these? I saw they're unsanfordized, but also "one wash."  I bought my weird guys in a 32 but with how much they stretched I could have gone down to a 30. I'm planning on going 31 if I buy the 666s. It sounds like they'll shrink ~1" during the soak but I would think they stretch a bit as well.

Also, for everyone posting their pairs in here- How bad has the crotch wear been? I saw a couple pairs already starting to wear and this is the problem I had with my weird guys.

Thanks!

My observation is, tht there are guys who get crotch blowouts and other's dont. Might be their bodytype, style of walking, hobbies, preferred fit of jeans etc. I never had blowouts, even on cheap nudies tht I didn't wash for 8 months. So, I think if your N&F ripped there's a chance the IH will do too. Especially if you go for a fit with slim thighs like the 666-19. That model was made as raw denim, but is indeed onewashed to take the shrinkage out (it is used on a Type 3 and those sell poorly if not shrunken down to size, told me Giles of IHUK). The denim is stiff and nice (also unique, LHT in a heavy denim), but fades a bit fast and with too much contrast IMO.

Edited by Max Power

I destroyed my N&F weird guys and I'm looking to invest in a set of premium denim.  With how well they're priced I'm considering buying a pair of the 666s-19L off of Rakuten but I had a few questions.

Is it recommended to go TTS on these? I saw they're unsanfordized, but also "one wash."  I bought my weird guys in a 32 but with how much they stretched I could have gone down to a 30. I'm planning on going 31 if I buy the 666s. It sounds like they'll shrink ~1" during the soak but I would think they stretch a bit as well.

Also, for everyone posting their pairs in here- How bad has the crotch wear been? I saw a couple pairs already starting to wear and this is the problem I had with my weird guys.

Thanks!

The denim on the 19L is really really stiff.  It's amazing denim.  The IH won't stretch  nearly as much as the weird guys.  For me the thigh was the tough measurement.  I wear 34 in weird guy and the 36 in the 666s-19L fits the same in the thigh.

After a year of 3 times a week of wear I show no sign of crotch blowout.

Edited by summ3rhays