Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

very nice MM jacket, keep it white and crisp for spring!

I just got these german military sneakers from a fellow sufu'er this week! I love them to death but they are a bit small (I'm actually selling them in the sufu market now). I'm not upset though b/c I got a bigger pair coming to me! I plan to customize the pair I'm going to keep by making the side strip black.

german1.jpg

Guest jmatsu

[quote=MiniW;463721 I plan to customize the pair I'm going to keep by making the side strip black.

]

so basically you'd be wearing dh with out the labelling and premium leather.

man, just leave them as they are (they look beautiful as is). wearing them like this is (or at least was) fashion foward. if you paint the strips black, you'll be wearing a copy of a copy (or to put it nicely, a shoe inspired by a copy or vice versa).

so basically you'd be wearing dh with out the labelling and premium leather.

man, just leave them as they are (they look beautiful as is). wearing them like this is (or at least was) fashion foward. if you paint the strips black, you'll be wearing a copy of a copy (or to put it nicely, a shoe inspired by a copy or vice versa).

the german army sneakers did come with a black stripe. there is that one and this one with the white stripe.

i think it looks good both ways...so what you like

Guest jmatsu
the german army sneakers did come with a black stripe. there is that one and this one with the white stripe.

i think it looks good both ways...so what you like

the one's with the black stripe have not been produced in years. also if it was the original with the black stripe (obviously it was not), then your comment's referrence would be more insinct with mine.

two weeks ago:

6ex8xp3.jpg

hand-made shoes from a local cobbler. italian leather soft as butt-er.

today:

6ffidj7.jpg

Clockwise from top-right:

PaperRad Pig Tales/Cartoon Workshop Digest

Excess: Fashion and the Underground In the 80's

Juergen Teller The Master

Terry RichardsonxUniqlo T-Shirt Love

I only paid for one of these books, have fun guessing which one.

the Teller book is pretty good, i enjoyed the range of work: still lifes from his home town, commissioned work, self portraits, and some photos of time he spent with William Eggleston and Araki. it is short and to the point- no text, no introduction, just photos and at the very end, the caption for each as a single list.

the Excess book is really, really good from what i can tell by flipping through- a lot of great photos, and it covers everything from early rave culture to graffiti/hip-hop and high fashion to hardcore. i haven't read the actual text yet, but i hope its as good as it seems.

Crillz, i almost bought "the fourth sex" today but opted instead for the "Excess" book mentioned above... fourth sex looks interesting, and raf simons is great, but i was not really impressed with it... a magpie collection of various texts regarding adolescence and a slightly impressive collection of images.

please let me know what you think of it after you've consumed it so i know if it is worth owning.

This is probably a really stupid question, but are those shoes easy to find in Germany or will I have to hunt them down? I'm going to be in Cologne and Munich in a few weeks and I'd like to pick up a pair

very nice MM jacket, keep it white and crisp for spring!

I just got these german military sneakers from a fellow sufu'er this week! I love them to death but they are a bit small (I'm actually selling them in the sufu market now). I'm not upset though b/c I got a bigger pair coming to me! I plan to customize the pair I'm going to keep by making the side strip black.

german1.jpg

4osfh9z.jpg

Hoo-rah

sorry to tell you, but that Batman trade is straight garbage... I borrowed from the libe thinking it would be like Hush pt.2, but it sucks a big one...

The Civil War is stuff I've heard was ok, IC I thought was good. And I've heard that Ultimate X-Men has been good since Kirkman came on (Invincible is amazing, btw. You need to read that if you're not already)

Guest mwills

Heres some more detailed shots of the ksubis as requested. They look kinda flat in color by themselves, but when they are being worn their depth really pops out. They have a very interesting wash, they are actually painted over as you can see in the 2nd pic. I'm new to DSLRs so I apologize for the small depth of field and any other problems with the shots, I did my best.

flat.jpg

crotch.jpg

front.jpg

side.jpg

back.jpg