Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

i agree with servo2000, but didn't feel like saying it earlier. that n(n) cotton riders jacket isn't anything special, the cut doesn't look special, there's no special details, and it doesn't even look that quality- should've gotten a helmut lang one - probably better quality and cheaper.

sure, so is mastermind japan- that speaks a lot about quality...

i think servo's point is that just because it's a n(n) jacket does not make it nice. which seems to be the case here. sure n(n) has quality shit (which servo also admitted - and well you know i own n(n) pieces) but it seems like people are picking up on n(n) but are just buying it because of the name, not because of the garment itself (take this for example and the guy that bought the n(n) cons). but whatever, if he's happy with it then cool.

I think I said this before in a past thread but Number (N)ine does a lot of diffusion goods, lower priced goods like t-shirts, accessories. Actually almost all Japanese labels do this and Under Cover is notorious for producing a lot of crap. For these goods, you are just paying for the name. And until maybe 2 years ago when the designer began showing his collections in Paris, I don't think N(N) was an influential force creatively IMO. The Number (N) now is best known for its formal wear and outerwear with unusual details, linings, cuts, finishings, etc. But this jacket seems more like a mid-priced diffusion garment. That being said, this garment also seems to be from a few seasons back and I can bet that Hot Topic wasn't offering riders jackets unti this season, so from a trend perspective, the jacket was ahead of its time, assuming you weren't looking for a classic vintage riders jacket in 2002/03.

records:

various - spaceships & pings (items & things)

ben parris - double wimpfighter (foundsound)

donnacha costello - bear bounces back (minimise)

ricardo villalobos - heike reissue (lofi stereo)

señor coconut and his orchestra - behind the mask villalobos remix

poker flat volume 5

nice tunes dude.

is PF 5 any good...?

you may be interested in this...

michael mayer - live at harry klein 021006 (5 hour set)

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=179664

http://www.sexuploader.com/?d=BOEWTK7J (ignore the host name!)

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

My big recent purchase.

Samsung NV10

1 gig SD card

carry case

This mother is so sleek and sexy, and has pretty much full manual control along with the preset settings. Is really noisy in the higher ISOs, but nothing a little processing can fix.

I was going to get the NV7 OPS but the 7x zoom, as nice as it was, was so massive it would be impractical to get it. The sensor on this camera is supposedly pretty small which is why theres so much noise or something, but it is really damn cool looking. I would prefer to have bought a dslr, but I have no money, nor would I want to do the maintenence and stuff. This should be find for the next year I think.

300 quid is a lot tho... :-/

edit:

Yea I kinda figure I got screwed on pricing. But I needed it by tomorrow... Im going to Marrakech with the girlie! Cant wait!

Heres a sample that I took with the manual controls (poly, you should recognise the jeans...):

2006-11-07005.jpg

You need to have everything right, and a steady arm, to get a nice picture. The Auto function is absolute shite. I read the dpreview as well and said fuck it and got it anyway, hoping for a firmware update. The camera itself has all the nicer specs, only bad thing is the tiny 1/1.8" sensor which I doubt theyll change (with out changing the whole camera).

The button layout is pretty swank, as is the all metal body. I like it cause it looks like a camera, not a massive wad of plastic. Lets see how it performs over the holiday... I get like a week to return it, haha. Maybe ill just give it back after the holiday... hehehe