WAYWT shit talking thread

cheep

I still can still hate things that don't surprise me.

Surprise and my hate are unrelated phenomena.

edit: I tried to rep you for using anodyne in a sentence that didn't want to make me vomit blood, but I guess I repped you recently.

I hope you deserved it.

oh, you should by all means hate it. i hate it. it's just that, given the subject matter and the fact that it was written by an asian, norwegian wood may as well have been written with white boomers in mind, the demographic which is the best guarantor of a book/film/whatever's success.

oh, you should by all means hate it. i hate it. it's just that, given the subject matter and the fact that it was written by an asian, norwegian wood may as well have been written with white boomers in mind, the demographic which is the best guarantor of a book/film/whatever's success.

Untrue, as Murakami usually builds very clear detailed settings... those familiar with Tokyo and the past 20-30 years of it usually navigate Murakami stories (not that they're difficult, but you know...) better than your average reader...

Untrue, as Murakami usually builds very clear detailed settings... those familiar with Tokyo and the past 20-30 years of it usually navigate Murakami stories (not that they're difficult, but you know...) better than your average reader...

agreed. underground moreso than any, but definitely true for the rest of his works.

i'm not saying that murakami actually wrote it with whiteys in mind, because he obviously didn't, but the fact remains that a book written in japan about going to college in the 1960s, especially one which deals even momentarily with student uprisings, tugs on a lot of rich, white heartstrings and pursestrings.

Ann183a.jpg

She stepped over every line... haha at LEAST say sorry/oops for nasty-mirror/just-awoke-hair/tongue-out/etc.

like the fit

BUT

AA?

fuckin up ur brand synergy dude

Why? I`ve always endorsed generic brands for basics. AA is American. The models are white. I`m white, I wear American brands.

I`ve always said you can wear generics (AA, Gap, Uniqlo, Base Control, Muji) and all time classics (Polo, North Face, Clarks, Nike, Rolex etc) with just about any brand and still maintain brand harmony.

I can dig the moxie, but I still say we give too much leeway ... suuffuuuu is puuuuuuusyyyyyywhippppeeddd

Guest jmatsu
but honestly, AA does come with certain connotations where most blanks don't.

i am going with the side of milspex this time. besides his own logic there is history. AA was at the same level when it first started as any other company, like say anvil,hanesbeef whatever. the only difference was the slim fitted tee shirt bodies.

random street brands before the boom of producing your own tee shirt body in america printed on AA. alot of middle school brands such as rockersnyc and other small show case ones did so for a couple of their first seasons.

the only reason that AA became a label with a hipster/fashionista connotation is because of the sizing and pricepoints (was/is cheaper than buying an expensive basics like how lowery does). when AA realized this trend, they thus started producing other clothing articles, and this only reinforced the current connations that AA has now (again due to thrifty or poor hipsters/fashionistas).

so historically AA was just another t-shirt body company originally used by street brands.

Why? I`ve always endorsed generic brands for basics. AA is American. The models are white. I`m white, I wear American brands.

I`ve always said you can wear generics (AA, Gap, Uniqlo, Base Control, Muji) and all time classics (Polo, North Face, Clarks, Nike, Rolex etc) with just about any brand and still maintain brand harmony.

serve.asp?media=2007pac_White.jpg

I don't understand this arguement. Someone please explain to a non-white American.

• Milspex is white;
  • Milspex likes to think about his whiteness, esp. vis à vis others in a) the US, B) Australia, c) Japan, and d) superfuture;
  • Milspex thinks that "brand synergy" is really, really important, that certain races and/or nationalities understand this better than others, and that dressing contrary to your own race/nationality (or misguidedly aping the style of another race/nationality) is a very bad thing;
  • Milspex gets defensive when someone questions his commitment to his own batshit-crazy philosophy of clothes wearing.