WAYWT shit talking thread

cheep

i am going with the side of milspex this time. besides his own logic there is history. AA was at the same level when it first started as any other company, like say anvil,hanesbeef whatever. the only difference was the slim fitted tee shirt bodies.

random street brands before the boom of producing your own tee shirt body in america printed on AA. alot of middle school brands such as rockersnyc and other small show case ones did so for a couple of their first seasons.

the only reason that AA became a label with a hipster/fashionista connotation is because of the sizing and pricepoints (was/is cheaper than buying an expensive basics like how lowery does). when AA realized this trend, they thus started producing other clothing articles, and this only reinforced the current connations that AA has now (again due to thrifty or poor hipsters/fashionistas).

so historically AA was just another t-shirt body company originally used by street brands.

so you're saying that the brand's current image can be disregarded because it used to be a basic blank t-shirt company?

despite how it became a hipster/fashionista brand, thats how they portray the brand now themselves. their products, advertisements, everything support that style, they make gold leggings and deep v-necks. I'm not saying that theres anything wrong with the blank t-shirts and such, but I just think this reasoning is quite off.

Guest jmatsu
so you're saying that the brand's current image can be disregarded because it used to be a basic blank t-shirt company?

despite how it became a hipster/fashionista brand, thats how they portray the brand now themselves. their products, advertisements, everything support that style, they make gold leggings and deep v-necks. I'm not saying that theres anything wrong with the blank t-shirts and such, but I just think this reasoning is quite off.

actually the way you read my last post was quite off.

no, i am not saying that the brand's current image should be disregarded...blah blah blah.

the point is that milspex's style is one of ura-hara 94-96'. he seems to care little about current connotations of generic basics. AA isn't even hipster in japan, and he lives in japan. maybe it is in whatever nation you hail from. people who know, just know. just cause some subculture appropriates a certain look or label doesn't mean that it's history should be disregarded or that it could not be legitimately implemented (into his wardrobe) as well.

alota french aquaintences of mine don't eat fondue cause that shit was historically considered peasant food. some french i know love it. the main point i was trying to make was that milspex has not broken his "brand synergy" or whatever.

you wear converse....i guess you either love the ramones, are into westcoast dickies ghetto rap, or are a hipster. i dunno what fashion guru told people/homi that AA can only be hipster, but thats inaccurate.

A plain t-shirt is a plain fucking t-shirt. I can't believe there's an argument taking place about the brand synergy of an article that you'd have to physically look at the label to identify.

Maybe if Milspex was wearing the gold leggings it would be a different issue, but AA tees are up there with Fruit of the Loom in the 'generic wholesale tee' stakes.

as far as generic/basic articles of clothing go (especially blank cotton ts), any history or identity issues in the brand immediately evaporate in the presence of articles of clothing that more strongly articulate their own brand history/identity

blank AA tee? if he didnt list brands, it could have been hanes, chaps, LVC, 45rpm, and you would never have been able to tell the difference in the picture

this is what is important... how the pieces function as a whole outfit rather than individual pieces

as far as generic/basic articles of clothing go (especially blank cotton ts), any history or identity issues in the brand immediately evaporate in the presence of articles of clothing that more strongly articulate their own brand history/identity

blank AA tee? if he didnt list brands, it could have been hanes, chaps, LVC, 45rpm, and you would never have been able to tell the difference in the picture

this is what is important... how the pieces function as a whole outfit rather than individual pieces

man you peopel are taking this shit way too seriously and thinking too into this stuff. its a fucking white AA shirt...not even dov charney cares about the history blah blah bullshit.

this is what is important...how the pieces function as a whole blah blahblahblah

calm down, you're gonna get a headache

man you peopel are taking this shit way too seriously and thinking too into this stuff. its a fucking white AA shirt...not even dov charney cares about the history blah blah bullshit.

yes--to any sane person, the label on a plain white T would be trivial and unimportant.

however, to milspex it is important.

to him, the label makes a difference, even when the piece is completely mundane, in order not be inconsistent with the rest of the outfit. it's about what the brand represents. the lifestyle. the people who are behind the brand.

AA presents itself as blatantly hipster, retro 70s-80s disco meets softcore sexuality. the owner parades around the factory floor in his tightie whities and passes out vibrators to his employees, for fucks sake.

most people don't care about this image and to them AA just means basic wardrobe items. but if you think like milspex does and buy into the whole concept of 'brand as lifestyle,' wearing AA is pretty inconsistent. even if it's just a plain white T.

if japan doesn't perceive AA in this manner, it doesn't mean the image is not there. it means they just don't get it.

edit: damn, now i have a headache.

i didn't want to shit up the chat edition thread, and i remember this thread was here for a reason. you're all fucking retarded.

tight laces with draped clothing looks AWESOME. is that glitter?

p.s. great work on the tuck

sarcasm aside, how can anyone wear those shoes... i mean really. i would rather wear paper bags with a nike swoosh on it

32767058so3.png

the cp's aren't the only thing that's too tight. you make 19cm-mij look applebottom*

img168777ue6.jpg

junya watanabe x comme des garçons man, dior homme mij, common projects. click to enlarge.

I know the turtleneck is confusing, but I really like it. The jean is far from being too tight, but i pulled it up, I don't really know why (but i don't like the back that much...) About the cp's, I wanted to try for the last time to check if I could wear them, but definitely too tight, i'll have to sell them, with regreat...

*if you are a girl, completely disregard this statement

you're wrong, datasupa, because (as stated) AA isn't a true lifestyle brand. that's been the major contention the whole time. it just isn't one. maybe it will be one eventually, but it isn't right now.

true, to most people AA is not. neither is the gap, jcrew, H&M, hanes, uniqlo etc. but i bet milspex would never wear any of these. no synergy there.

32767058so3.png

jesus christ just stop with the whole layering shit. you arent mike lowrey, you look like shit, you don't have the swagger to pull anything off and throw those shoes away. while you're at it, work out a little, you got a body of a prepubescent boy

jesus ed0n0b keeps getting worse and worse

seriously stick with your button down + cardigan swagger

it was the only thing working for you

hey its cool you want to bandwagon against me, but remember you stopped posting fits for a reason.

uh oh, e0n0bs0s83 vs constsant struggle thread in the making...

make it happen gentlemen.

and just to throw it out there, it aint a bandwagon for no reason. you should follow constant struggle and stop posting your shitty fits....unless you're actually convinced that your fits are nice, then you should consider suicide.

and just to throw it out there, it aint a bandwagon for no reason. you should follow constant struggle and stop posting your shitty fits....unless you're actually convinced that your fits are nice, then you should consider suicide.

I post fits so that I can get either plus or neg rep, both give me feedback.. until I post fits that get ignored don't expect them to stop, sorry since i know you and some others really really don't like them.

always those WAYWT posters that expect Sufu to be like their personal style guide???

does that mean sufu =

B0000E2LM4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Either way all the people who do actually get dressed by the internets along with this thread bring me lots of amusement. Thanks guys.

Guest jmatsu
yes--to any sane person, the label on a plain white T would be trivial and unimportant.

however, to milspex it is important.

to him, the label makes a difference, even when the piece is completely mundane, in order not be inconsistent with the rest of the outfit. it's about what the brand represents. the lifestyle. the people who are behind the brand.

AA presents itself as blatantly hipster, retro 70s-80s disco meets softcore sexuality. the owner parades around the factory floor in his tightie whities and passes out vibrators to his employees, for fucks sake.

most people don't care about this image and to them AA just means basic wardrobe items. but if you think like milspex does and buy into the whole concept of 'brand as lifestyle,' wearing AA is pretty inconsistent. even if it's just a plain white T.

if japan doesn't perceive AA in this manner, it doesn't mean the image is not there. it means they just don't get it.

edit: damn, now i have a headache.

you know nothing. nice try, but this doesn't really help your cause in countering the accusations that you don't really know shit about clothing and the industry. why would you even write 70s-80s? shut up.

"if japan doen't percieve AA in this manner, it doesn't mean the image is not ther. it means they just don't get it?" for christ sake you are dumb. obviously in differnt countries, certain labels and articles have totally different connotations and images. in l.a. mickey mouse is hipster, while in thailand mickey mouse is just the mascot of walt disney. how is AA's image "hipster" in japan?? have you ever been to japan longer than a week? do you even listen to anything other than your fairy tunes the 6ths or whatever it is you mistakenly think is relavent?