shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

picky eaters, especially adults. I've never been picky, never disliked anything really...and if I didn't think it tasted amazing I didn't really care, I just ate it cause it's what was offered or served to me. Wanting everything to taste like pizza or gummy worms is some juvenile shit, and adults that complain that they don't like broccoli or fish or whatever come off like fucking children. I know it shouldn't bother me, why should I care what someone else eats...it just does. Grow the fuck up.

Amen

The worst part about a lot of those people is that they haven't even tried most of the foods they claim to hate.

Really gives you insight into someones personality...

I'm a picky eater too. As a result, I don't like it when people get snobbish about the right and wrong way to prepares and eat a dish. Why should you give a fuck if another motherfucker wants his meal in a different way. As long as it isn't a big inconvenience to you, it shouldn't matter.

picky eaters, especially adults. I've never been picky, never disliked anything really...and if I didn't think it tasted amazing I didn't really care, I just ate it cause it's what was offered or served to me. Wanting everything to taste like pizza or gummy worms is some juvenile shit, and adults that complain that they don't like broccoli or fish or whatever come off like fucking children. I know it shouldn't bother me, why should I care what someone else eats...it just does. Grow the fuck up.

So if something makes you nauseous, you should just suck it and eat it anyway because you're a MAN? The fuck kinda logic is that.

I agree that some person can get really annoying about it though.

i was a really really picky eater when i was a kid. my parents always told me i would outgrow it. i sort of branched out a bit by mid-late teens mainly because it was necessary for social purposes, not a lot though. but it turned out my parents were right and around the time i went to college i started trying lots of new shit (not just cause i was exposed to it - i had a shift in attitude and wanted to). i'm not the world's most adventurous eater but more than most people i think

that said, i know what it's like to be a picky eater and it's not a trait people want or take pride in. it's one thing to be rude and refuse something offered or demand everyone else's plans change because of your tastes or something, but if someone wants to eat something safe/boring when they otherwise could try something really new/different that they don't have the opportunity to normally eat, that's their decision. they'll probably end up enjoying their meal more this way - picky eaters know what they like, and just because someone insists they'll like something new doesn't mean they will. my parents always tried to get me to try different things when i was little and whenever i would, 99% of the time i would hate it. maybe i usually hated it because i thought i would hate it and wanted to confirm my beliefs...but i still hated it either way.

Edited by wurm

Like I said, I know it shouldn't bother me...but it does. I think part of it is I think it's immature and annoying, I don't understand why you wouldn't want to try something new or why be such a bitchass about eating. I've never really not liked anything, never had anything that made me nauseous or whatever so maybe I just don't get it. A big part is it's super fucking frustrating when you're cooking for people and someone's leaning over your shoulder with shit like "oh are those mushrooms? I don't eat mushrooms, can you make me an entirely different sauce/pasta/whatever?" I'm like nah bitch, you can eat what you're served and smile about it like a thankful guest, then bitch about it later if you want, just don't come at me like that. I'm not saying my hate is logical, it just is what it is. Maybe I just have unreasonable expectations of people.

I don't understand picky eaters either. I've been able to see the appeal in everything I've ever tried. At the very least, I feel like you should be able to understand why some people might enjoy eating something you don't.

Then again I'm asian and the weirdest foods I've been exposed to have been things I grew up with and everything else is mild in comparison. Maybe my opinion will change when I've tried some sort of insect.

Edited by andrewisdope

My last place I lived my window faced the street, and right across the street this dude moved into a rental, and every single night he'd sit on his porch, from like 11pm till 3am or so, and just cough. I'd watch him sometimes, and he would just sit there, and periodically cough. I think I posted about it in here a while back. Every fucking night, coughing. He was super nice during the day tho, always waving and occasionally taking people's trash cans to the curb, so I just put up with it, but it was every single fucking night.

That really grinds my gears. I once had an argument with someone who had no problem with insulting people with disabilities because 'everyone is game for shame.' I don't mean insulting them for some trivial shit, I mean because they couldn't eat unassisted or walk without limping, that sort of thing. What sort of backwards-ass logic is that. These people often have massive physical and mental constraints put upon them and still manage to get as much as they can out of life. Hardly reason for 'shame'.

you know what i hate? when that spotify advertisement comes on and you lower the volume but if you lower the volume down to zero the advertisement will stop. so you essentially have to listen to advertisement in order to get to the next song. dangit!

The feeling of debt... If you had a CC as a kid or opened one to "survive" you know how it feels. Hopeless feeling, worrying about your next payment, blindly charging shit because you don't immediately see the consequences or have no other choice.

Thankfully I've been over and done with debt for awhile now, but that feeling has me shook to the point where I never want to be that in debt ever again for any reason.

Does that include mortgage loans? I'm thinking about getting one...

I'm a picky eater, when people boil pasta and put canned bolognese over it and call it cooking I'd rather go out and grab a sandwich, or cook myself really.