shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

Guest spazzz
Ftb2 -

The record industry is far from dead - as long as there are artists to be exploited, they will be around. But, their role as th corporate fat-cats who actually generate all the money, rather than the interest in the artist, is what is lessening. Because of the proliferation of the internet as the most direct way to get music, the record industry must look to amend their entire system because they ignored the internet for the most part until it basically undid them (to the extent where the exist, but have seen profits drop almost 80% from what they were in 2000). In the next few years, I'm gonna say that the majors will still be around, but rather than having intermediaries like they've always had, they will eliminate the middleman so they can deliver their product up-front. Radiohead effectively did this when their record contract expired, by selling In Rainbows at the buyer's discretion. The majors are going to have to realize that all the money they thought was in the record business is now gone, and is floating somewhere in the ether of artists who can successfully sell themselves as a brand. When labels start to sign bands as entities that have already created a brand, then the money will come back and you will see the majors become a hub for all these entities to rely on, but to also use to further their own brand. They will become one single entity that encompasses the band, the middleman, the end, and the product.

i think radiohead did an interesting experiment, but it's kind of ironic how they mentioned they wouldn't do it again......like pearl jam in the 90's taking on ticketmaster.

my prediction is that yeah, majors will be around, but even less, and less than before. Maybe like 2 left after more mergers.

Everything about the daily show and jon stewart. Does that stupid jew realize he and his show aren't the least bit funny and haven't been for at least 4 years? All his writers and good contributers left 4-5 years ago and he has just been running on fumes since. There aren't even jokes anymore, just stupid 16-25 year old political hipsters laughing at him making dumb noises or faces. The daily show/jon stewart used to be funny before it started to think it was serious shit now it's just a parody of itself. Either that or it just always sucked and i grew out of it.

Guest spazzz
Everything about the daily show and jon stewart. Does that stupid jew realize he and his show aren't the least bit funny and haven't been for at least 4 years? All his writers and good contributers left 4-5 years ago and he has just been running on fumes since. There aren't even jokes anymore, just stupid 16-25 year old political hipsters laughing at him making dumb noises or faces. The daily show/jon stewart used to be funny before it started to think it was serious shit now it's just a parody of itself. Either that or it just always sucked and i grew out of it.

it's always sucked.

yeah, chrono, i wish i could rep right now. i had to suffer a live daily show taping with some clients who though it was the ultimate nyc experience — they then wanted to go to times square and tgi friday's.

anyway, yeah, john stewart is not funny, nor has he ever been. he is a fucking dwarf with a giant ego.

Jon stewart is like 5'5 right? I could even stomp him out.

TGI fridays in NY? I'm sorry, man. I always get annoyed when friends drag me there during non-drink special hours. The entrees aren't even worth the trouble so i just grab an appetizer or two. If i'm getting cheap drinks, i don't really care though. I understand wanting to go to times square. I did that once and i don't think i've been near there since.

edit: haha. i didn't see kunk already posted that

yup. every time out of town clients come in, they choose from the usual list of tourist shit:

- see the 9/11 hole

- broadway show

- stock up on true religion at c21

- eat somewhere lame and famous or lame and familiar

- live taping (maury and montell were always my suggestions)

The dutch youth culture in the netherlands. Some of them dress so ugly, you can only laugh about it. Some pictures.

http://nl.netlogstatic.com//p/oo/022/543/22543273.jpg?100

more links if you want a laugh.

http://forum.fok.nl/topic/1145634/1/25

in the link to the topic after all the pictures are the rest of the previous topics.

cheers

I was shocked I thought mullets were only prevalent in Sydney and Asia.

I hate my long hair, it makes me nape sweat. Need to find good haircut[ter]

The other day I was driving down Joppa road on my way to get a pit-beef sammy when I spotted a brand new, high-end beamer with a Fashion Institute of Technology sticker on the back window. You don't really see FIT stickers around here so when I pulled up next to her I took a look.

BITCH LOOKED NO OLDER THAN 17 AND DADDY SENT HER TO FIT IN A BRAND NEW, HIGH FLYIN' BEAMER. WHAT THE FUCK.

Bitch was wearing a HEADBAND.

My memory doesn't set me straight but is that near a gentleman's club?

Everything about the daily show and jon stewart.
it's always sucked.

anyway, yeah, john stewart is not funny, nor has he ever been. he is a fucking dwarf with a giant ego.

i don't hate people who post stuff like this

but i would hate it if i were so obsessed with being over it that i couldn't enjoy the best non-hbo show of the decade

any show on every day will have it's weak moments, but when they're own they pwn cable and network combined