vintage work wear

fardin

nice pics crownzip, i love specially the first one ith the hickorey stiped jacket.

here is another one of tht series i like so much.

3225212598_0fbcb87b8b_o.jpg

many nice other ones are in the distressed denim thread, paul posted geat one from that site

yeah the guy with the grizzly jacket is great.

i was always wondering hence the arcuate on the back pocket , if his jeans are lee jeans. specially because of the rivet on the pocket, wich looks more like a lee one. but mybe that a strange discussion, anyway thanks for the nice pics

i just was going through a box of old pictures and i found a ton of photos of my grandfather and his brothers working at a Civilian Conservation Corps camp in North Carolina in the early 1930s wearing chambray shirts, dungarees and workboots. i have to scan these in.

OH lawd, I can't wait! Whereabouts in NC were they?

AS you might know, I'm on a North Carolina tip at the moment - I'm just writing a piece on the area, and just took a minor digression looking at the history of Edwin Mills, which along with Cone was one of the big employers in the area.

I love this region. One guy I dropped in was Mitch Easter, the REM producer, who told me "my grandma always said "North Carolina is an isle of humility, between two mountains of conceit."

This is John Coltrane's hometown, Hamlet, NC:

HamletNC.jpg

OH lawd, I can't wait! Whereabouts in NC were they?

AS you might know, I'm on a North Carolina tip at the moment - I'm just writing a piece on the area, and just took a minor digression looking at the history of Edwin Mills, which along with Cone was one of the big employers in the area.

I love this region. One guy I dropped in was Mitch Easter, the REM producer, who told me "my grandma always said "North Carolina is an isle of humility, between two mountains of conceit."

This is John Coltrane's hometown, Hamlet, NC:

HamletNC.jpg

^ yikes!

i live right around the corner from coltrane's residence in philly (where he lived with cousin mary) and i am afraid it is in growing disrepair. there used to at least be a mural on it but that is gone now-----i always thought it appropriate that it was so close to the train tracks----you can hear the power of the locomotive when he blows

anyway, i scanned a handful of the CCC pics i mentioned. i can't be sure where they were taken. somewhere in NC. i can't think of where my family was from off the top, i do have a few birth certificates of my ancestors floating around so i can confirm that much later.

and now some pics! (click for larger)

3225439347_fbb7d5ecbc.jpg

3226295938_9d2f88f8d6.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Less mcdonalds, taco bell, etc. Less TV to sit on your ass and watch with a beer after work.

they ate real food, not processed/chemical food, plus they didn't sit and watch tv all night long. they went out and danced. they did drink beer though

• 2 weeks later...

xpost from workshirts thread, but also hoping to bump this thread because it is absolutely amazing...I very much enjoyed all of those photo scans.

I am about to start a job where there is generally more of a dress code than a uniform, and most fortunately it is a dress code that applauds things like workshirts, tweed flatcaps, rolled up sleeves displaying tattoos, cuffed selvage jeans, work boots, etc.

However, for particular shifts, the dress code is augmented with the requirement of a black vest (provided...double breasted, shawl collar) and a neck-tie. Now, the simple solution to this requirement would be to get some shirts that were designed specifically for neck-ties and just wear them exclusively with a plain black tie for these shifts, but I am very happy with my current shirt rotation comprised of all three MFxSC chambrays, and am largely opposed to owning a piece of clothing strictly to wear at work, that doesn't fit the rest of my wardrobe.

So my question is two-fold...what are some styles, or sizes of neckties, or ways of tying them that might work well with my current workshirts, and if there is no way to make that work, what is my ideal compromise in terms of workshirt aesthetics with the ability to appropriately accommodate a necktie. Bonus points also given for photos or anecdotes detailing historical pairing of neckties (or neckwear in general) with workshirts or just as a component of the pre-war workwear aesthetic. Many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly I don't think I'll be amazed... I don't think it'll hit over $200.00

It's a pair of coveralls and they're super small.

• 11 months later...

Hey guys. I followed a few of you here through Styleforum. Though I know I'm really late to it, I've just become interested in work wear and recently found these while thrifting. They don't fit, so they'll go on ebay eventually. I was able to learn a little about them from this e-workers article

(and a few other things on that site), and a little bit from Your Old Pal, Jim., which only further set the hook for me.

So, hey, and thanks for all the great photos and pictures.

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

welcome lefty, nice to see some of the guys from the fedora lounge here now.

you may also post this in this thread

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=149209

nothing against posting it here but i guess at the moment we discuss all those matter there.