gimmegimme

Leepro Appreciation

paul those look great!

PLus rep for Johnny Burnette, and just to prove I haven't totally gone over to the LVC dark side, my current work pants:

lee.jpg

Edit: these are fairly early Euro 50s reissues, made in Malta, supposedly Sanforized.

Shitting Crickey - they look really rather spiffing Mr T - Right then - I'm going to drop 2 or 3 sizes over the coming months in order that I get myself in to the Lees, nothing to it but to do it !

I'm off to LA in November so intend to shed serious poundage by then and grab me some Hair on Hides.

Chillin listen to some Johnny Burnette R&R Trio from mid 50s just made me think of my 101zs' . Three months old tomorrow , although bought from the bay shrunk with no rigidity . Mostly worn in the office , hence the ass wear , and a couple of cold soaks . Size waist 34 , insean 32 1/2 . An essential purchase !!!

Second pic will only copy as a link .

101za-1.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj265/mikedbt5/101zc.jpg?t=1214410298

Listenin' to Johnny Burnette's Rockabilly trio and wearin' a pair of Lee's! Man that's hep!

Anyone have a nice worn pair for sale - my girlfriend would like a pair of W32 or if they have stretched W30 of the 101b hair on hides.

She doesn't like the feel of raw and has not got the patience to break them.

Or if anyone knows of a good place to buy from (we're in the UK so will need to have em sent is outside).

ChuckO , thanks . At 15yrs old I would have thought that myself but nearly 28yrs later it is sadly nostalgia . Still , it's hard to beat Johnny Burnette & the R&R Trio ( theres a couple of great clips on youtube of them from around 1955/56 )and Edwins Lee repros are great to wear .

cross post from the evolution thread - These are the SDA X's-25, Leesque back pockets and coin pocket, LHT, fairly low rise and slim fitting, button fly and full purple line selvage. About a year and a half, plenty normal washes.

sd4.jpg

sd3.jpg

sd2.jpg

sd1.jpg

sd5.jpg

Those SDA are really nice. I never considered Leepros before, but I'm very tempted.

Do you happen to know if they have the same denim as the 003? I already have a pair of those and would rather try a different denim.

ChuckO , thanks . At 15yrs old I would have thought that myself but nearly 28yrs later it is sadly nostalgia . Still , it's hard to beat Johnny Burnette & the R&R Trio ( theres a couple of great clips on youtube of them from around 1955/56 )and Edwins Lee repros are great to wear .

Nah, it's like a lot of the Japanese Denim sites say "Fashion fades, style is forever". There's been a lot of good music since then but great is great.

Yay, very cool. In fact, you've given me an idea for a thread...

man those are fuckin awesome! love the vintage fades, any more pictures?

Thanks man, Yeah Lee really did a great job on these WWII era repros. Here are a couple detail photos showing label, buttons and rivets which they did a great job reproducing. It's really a shame you have to order from Japan or Aero to get a great pair of Lee's!

LeeflyII.jpgleebuttons.jpgleerivet.jpg

^ love the arcs....they look a bit boxy in the bum tho. They're not STF, right? I guess if that's the look you were going for either way, then whatevs. Will be interesting to see them worn-in.

yeah, i sized up to a 32 on these... and i fucking love the fit... skated in them yesterday and they are fitting better now

not stf... but like the tag says they could shrink 3 to 5%

They're an interesting cut. I'd avoid them if I had a big ass, but otherwise they look great. Always nice to see LHT.

They're an interesting cut. I'd avoid them if I had a big ass, but otherwise they look great. Always nice to see LHT.

i duno... they might be good for big assed folk like myself b/c they have room.

i duno... they might be good for big assed folk like myself b/c they have room.

Possibly...but lee's tend the have the backpockets set farther apart which makes your ass look even bigger. I know mine make my ass look big, and I'm a skinny bitch.

do you know if the Jin's have far spaced pockets? i really want a pair LHT/Leepros as my next pair of jeans but i'm concerned my ghetto booty might be too might to handle.

do you know if the Jin's have far spaced pockets? i really want a pair LHT/Leepros as my next pair of jeans but i'm concerned my ghetto booty might be too might to handle.

that's actually the model I was talking about! they give you ghetto-booty.

Really? Seriously, whenever I wear them, someone will say something like "when did you grow an ass???".

Unfortunately, something strange happened and a hot wash made the inseam shrink too much...so now they're too short too. I can't win with these. They'll be shorts soon me thinks.