Denim Wish List

gimmegimme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't have a 'wish list', but I threw some 3sixteens and Samurai 0710s onto my list to my mother in law with a bunch of other stuff. She's pretty handy with the Internet at 70. We'll she how she does.

• 4 weeks later...

Thread bump! This will help me vent since I can't buy for a while.......

-TCB 60's and 50's cuts- What's not to love? Amazing stitching work, plain branding, attention to detail (authentic to period), fabrics to match each era (Zimbabwe for 50's, Texas 7x7 for 60's), dedicated small group led by Inoue-san (guys like us) who are paving the way for the next generation and keeping these dated skills alive.

-Ooe Yofukuten: Don't need to say much...it's Ooe and there's nothing quite like knowing who made your jeans, how they make it, the process visible online, and need I mention all the customization/options offered? A joy to work with and they're getting better and better the more they make. Phenomenal stitchwork, PERFECT late 40's-50's cut (rise sits just right), you feel the warmth and passion in each pair:

O.A-XX01 - new fabric, Ooe's "best" to date?!

7801XX- "grandpa fades"

4301XX- the pair I've always wanted but still haven't bought.

Warehouse 1100- I've always been a Warehouse fiend, and the 15th Anniversary 1001XX fabric is one of my all time favorites. The 1100 is a late 60's cut and the new denim is everything I want: 7x7 (like the 15th anni. fabric), lighter shade, and look to break in very vintage-like. My 660's (standard 1000XX oxidation denim) are too tight in the waist and buying the 1100 would ensure I get it right this time around ;) Not to mention the fabric would have more "give".

Resolute 710- What needs to be said? Hayashi-san's new digs (original Osaka 5 OG, and arguably the most important, under-celebrated figure overshadowed by Evisu), under-explored denim fabric here on sufu (and possibly japan as well), modern "vintage inspired" cuts (cuff em high, wear em slim) and still relatively unknown...

Real Japan Blues - 106BSP- Another underrated denim, that Zimbabwe cotton lends to amazing characteristics...My only problem is the arcs (but don't believe in debranding so I wouldn't tear them off). Check out Kiya's pair and you'll agree, people need to jump on this!

and finally...

Devi's Denim Project contest jeans! - Nothing really needs to be said ;)

I'd love a pair of denime 66xx from when Hayashi San was there. Some of the best faded jeans I've ever seen. Will see in time how the new ones go when I get round to wearing them.

Ooes just for the thrill of having a personal pair of high quality jeans made.

Porky's 66's. Some of the pairs I've seen in Lightening look great.

i would love a pair of jeans that have similar characteristics to the 10th anniversary Eternals. Those things are crazy and will not let the opportunity pass when/if it comes again with whatever brand.

Wish list

Atelier La Durance

momotaro - any style thats not too skinny

Levi's - an original broken in big E redline selvedge

being that i have 3 unworn beautiful pairs of raw, this wont be happening anytime soon

Momotaro Copper Label G017-MB : zimbabwe cotton, beautiful patch and the detail is amazing. Spot on fit

Samurai Wind element: the story behind the jeans is attractive, so is the material

PBJ xx-010 purple face, look fun

SDA 107: I always want to have a pair of jeans with traditional and modern fit

Skull 6x6 : I destroyed a pair before because of sizing wrong. Now I become so obsess with this brand