Denim Wish List

gimmegimme

I've been saying no more denim for so long, it's lost all meaning to me. I say it after every major purchase and still the addiction takes hold.

I still want that pair of 45rpm Jomons. Dania natural indigos and I too also want the classic Evisu #1 denim. THEN and only then... no more denim. (yeah right). Not sure if you can even get the first two any more.

Probably going to pick up the Evisus in 2011 if that trip to Japan ever gets planned... :rolleyes:

High rise jeans sewn from high quality Japanese denim.

After months of research and trying many of the major Japanese brands advertised on superdenim, I realize that the kind of jean I wore as a young man in the 50s and 60s does not exist in the market today. Speaking from experience I can assure you that in the 50s and 60s men did not wear jeans set below the hips at the far extremity of the pelvis. Jeans were worn at or above the natural waist.

I am not very sure what the “repro” jeans are reproducing. I suspect they are trying to copy the look of the classic jeans but made for Asian men in the mid five foot range.

Market opportunity: 1. a real jean made the way they used to be made but made from great Japanese denim; in other words, a jean for taller men and men who used to wear denim in the 1950s and 1960s and consequently, whose age group is 50s and 60s.

If you fit either of the two groups know that I am working with Japanese makers to issue the first ever,” real “ repro jean.

I've been saying no more denim for so long, it's lost all meaning to me. I say it after every major purchase and still the addiction takes hold.

I still want that pair of 45rpm Jomons. Dania natural indigos and I too also want the classic Evisu #1 denim. THEN and only then... no more denim. (yeah right). Not sure if you can even get the first two any more.

Probably going to pick up the Evisus in 2011 if that trip to Japan ever gets planned... :rolleyes:

Hey - any info on the Dania natural indigo denim? I've Googled the name but no joy. Link to website appreciated.. thanks

Found It

Flat Head F310

PBJ XX-007 / PBJ XX-011

SEXIH07BK (Overdyed)

Samurai S710xx

RJB 103BSP

SEXDBXS09

Flat Head 4001BK

lawl. I don't plan on buying any new jawns for another good year and half at least though. just some wishful thinking...

High rise jeans sewn from high quality Japanese denim.

After months of research and trying many of the major Japanese brands advertised on superdenim, I realize that the kind of jean I wore as a young man in the 50s and 60s does not exist in the market today. Speaking from experience I can assure you that in the 50s and 60s men did not wear jeans set below the hips at the far extremity of the pelvis. Jeans were worn at or above the natural waist.

I am not very sure what the “repro†jeans are reproducing. I suspect they are trying to copy the look of the classic jeans but made for Asian men in the mid five foot range.

Market opportunity: 1. a real jean made the way they used to be made but made from great Japanese denim; in other words, a jean for taller men and men who used to wear denim in the 1950s and 1960s and consequently, whose age group is 50s and 60s.

If you fit either of the two groups know that I am working with Japanese makers to issue the first ever,†real “ repro jean.

Have you tried Sugar Cane Jeans?

Most of the fits have more of a high rise and they've spent 20 years in research to reproduce the original 'dungaree'.

Check it out: www.sugarcanejeans.co.uk for info and available at www.okiya.eu.

A simple wish- all I'm after is a pair of allevol No2's and Eternal 811's with red tab.