The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

am i the only one completely bored of these barely worn "6, 7, 8 , 9 s234324 months" ?

I appreciate the updates, but in reality, there really isnt much changing

i agree, but we cant expect an amzing pair of jeans from everyone. Great thread though. Lets keep it movin with pics and updates

Here are my 5EPs..

The first set of photos is at about 4 months, 2 washes. Note that the honeycombs look kind of odd because they re-set after the washes. IMO, no problem.. I kind of like the look.

Second set is 8 months, 3 washes. Note that there's more contrast in the honeycombs since they didn't re-set from the second setting of them. Also, I used flash only in the first set, which causes the color to appear lighter. Oh well! The second set is a perfect true-to-life color representation. I flipped over one of the legs to show my favorite part - the fat cow! or holy cow.. whatever we call it these days.

Notice how the lap fades from the outside in? Very odd. Most people's experience is the opposite, with the crotch area fading first. For me, it's always the outer thigh.

4mos8moszh2.jpg

Err.. just wanted to add. I've had experience with a lot of jeans. 5EP are still my favorite. Can't always go with the boot cut, but from a artisanal standpoint... I love em.

Err.. just wanted to add. I've had experience with a lot of jeans. 5EP are still my favorite. Can't always go with the boot cut, but from a artisanal standpoint... I love em.
those look amazing.

I always thought the resin would make them fade really slowly... or does 5EP make raw ones?

those look amazing.

I always thought the resin would make them fade really slowly... or does 5EP make raw ones?

They do make raw jeans, but those ones are the Resin O/W. And I might add, they do fade a bit slowly. My APCs, Nudies, PBJs, Levis, etc. etc. all started showing wear within 2 weeks, these took 2 months.

Yes LErglas, great jeans. But whys so much leg twist on the JRs? They are sonforized, so I thought this meant not really any twist.

Hmmm, a pickle indeed.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've wondered about that myself... It even started before my first wash, that's the weirdest thing, although after the first wash they have stayed pretty much the same.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've wondered about that myself... It even started before my first wash, that's the weirdest thing, although after the first wash they have stayed pretty much the same.

I'm pretty sure my Kicking Mule's did the same.

damn joey those are breaking in fast. Have you been doing anything in particular or just working and stuff?

i walk about 2 miles everyday back and forth to the metro, as well as just work, ive also been rotating them with my acnes and cheap mondays, so its actually a little under 3.5 weeks of wear but im stoked on them

I know this isn't really what people on here get excited about but I thought they're interesting enough to post them.

Going for a bit different wear than just defined combs and whiskers (also I didn't have a clue that there were names for the wear on ones jeans back then), I wanted to try to really just let them be and see what time would do to them. I liked the way they looked all destroyed and intentionally not repaired them.

I believe everyone knows what these look like raw and besides I don't have before pics.

- Evisu's EV001 (more of the "made in Italy but before EU ed.") with painted gulls

- Worn for god knows how long everyday (and quite some nights too) I believe they're 6 or 7 years old, not 100% sure though

- first wash after a year and a half or so and numerous soaks and machine washes after that

- had to patch the holes at the front pockets and at the back above the right pocket 'cause it was getting a bit too "cold". I did use Japanese Evis denim to patch them up ('cause I am an idiot!) Invisibly stitched it so it would look like a fresh pair of jeans under a destroyed pair, originally planned to patch all holes this way

- top button fell off, used a big safety pin to keep them in place, one beltloop fell off

- etc. etc.

- Retired †

dscn3835bn8.jpg

dscn3839yk6.jpg

duck: deeply appreciate seeing a pair that's been around the block.

i like the repairs. frankly, i'm shocked that there are no honeycombs whatsoever. don't your legs bend?

whiskey: nice work. i like that fade. i am amazed at the color retention after so many washes.amazing contrast despite the high wash frequency.

Notice how the lap fades from the outside in? Very odd. Most people's experience is the opposite, with the crotch area fading first. For me, it's always the outer thigh.

4mos8moszh2.jpg

dude... these look almost identical to mine. gotta dig out my camera and post mine (7months, three washes and a soak), but yeah, mine did the same thing on the lap (faded form the outside in); at first i thought it looked weird, but now i really like it. And i agree, 5EP makes my favorite jeans, it's all in the color. They take a LONG time, but soooo worth the wait. Great to finally see some other people with 5EP!

My English seems retarded in that last post, that sentence makes no sense!

DDML: My legs do bend (alot even) but I used to iron my raw jeans every once in a while (GASP!!!), I guess honeycombs never got a chance to set. I developed this rather peculiar habit when I noticed that by ironing my jeans would get that crispy, stiff, raw (like new) feeling back, wich I really liked at that time, and I just continued doing that even when they were properly worn in already. When I stopped doing that it was already too late.