The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I have some RRDS but no slim jims (but I have tried jims on before).

I would say firstly that Imperial have bitten nudies design pretty hard in some aspects : same belt loops, same straight yoke, very very similar selvedge denim (this is not necessarily a bad thing when you consider the end product).

The Dukes are more similar to RRDS in terms of their rise. But the leg is probably about the same as the jim. So they're sort of an amalgamation of the two cuts.

The end result:

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

These pics are pretty representative of the colour and amount of fading. The fading is maybe slightly less contrasting in real life.

I'm really happy with how they are turning. Pretty good fading on the front, and colour of the indigo after washing is really nice, there's a fair bit of depth in it. Also, the raw leather patch post-wash looks dope! Darkened up beautifully, and has hardened a bit.

Enjoy.

Those dukes are amazing. Can we get some more pictures of the fitt of those?

we cant have japanese denim on every page guys. lighten up. This thread has been goin very well as of late so just wait it out. Cult, those JR's are amazing man. BTW, seeing all these sammies is making me want a pair really bad....

Re the crotch of the Imperials:I reckon it is definitely slightly oversized, but seems to look good actually. I think cult makes a good point, large crotch makes the jeans look slimmer.

Whodini - here are some photos of how the A-505s turned out after about 6 months wear 5 days a week, a couple of machine washes...the pics are pretty close to the actual colour of the jeans. Overall, I thought they faded well, except very little definition on the honey-combs at the back. But the overall fade in the denim is quite nice.

How did your's turn out? I haven't seen any photos of them for about 6 months.

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

Yeah the design is great! Basically just a 505 with a lower waist and mad pockets. Levis Japan have got it right. I don't have any great photos of me wearing them, but I will take some in a couple of weeks. I have exams at the moment, man I've gotta stop coming here!! Time to take a period of self-enforced leave I think...

Here is something I may have posted earlier...basically they are just a slim straight leg, a little bit anti-fit up the top (especially at the back).

IMG_0214.jpg