The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Here are my APC New Standards (i know more new standards) at 78 days. Probably worn about 75 of those 78 days in just about everything.

DSC_0057-1.jpg

DSC_0060-1.jpg

lemme know what you think

looks like you wear them pretty tight, unless you have really large knees or something.

DSC03520.jpg

yeah man, nice piggies. funny how many of these projects are going to be on hold for a year.

I love those honeycombs. Mine are making me neurotic because there are small areas where they're setting back in differently and I know I should just let them be, but they're driving me batty.

Also, the silver lining to me having to drop out of the Sammie contest is that I won't have to neglect any of my other jeans. I still can't look at the contest thread without feeling really bummed out tho.

I love those honeycombs. Mine are making me neurotic because there are small areas where they're setting back in differently and I know I should just let them be, but they're driving me batty.

Also, the silver lining to me having to drop out of the Sammie contest is that I won't have to neglect any of my other jeans. I still can't look at the contest thread without feeling really bummed out tho.

yeah, i'll always be true to my SDA's. the cut/fit of the 103's is probably the best fit i've ever had..i'll throw them in there once in a while...

Guest jeffvyain

those SDA's really aren't looking TOO far off of the famous canes from ryu. another couple months in those and we could've had a new reigning champion for denim beauty. but alas, we'll have to wait a year-ish. hopefully the sammies will end up lookin crazy. maybe i'm just a pussy, but 5000vxs have been breaking in slow as shit.

those SDA's really aren't looking TOO far off of the famous canes from ryu. another couple months in those and we could've had a new reigning champion for denim beauty. but alas, we'll have to wait a year-ish. hopefully the sammies will end up lookin crazy. maybe i'm just a pussy, but 5000vxs have been breaking in slow as shit.

mcflip should be a better gauge...his SDA's are insane.

Here are my 5EP boot cut resins at 6 months (pics taken in Sept.). This is after their 4th wash using Dr. Bronner's. Enjoy...

dscn2110yb7.jpg

dscn2114tw2.jpg

dscn2113qg2.jpg

hmmmm. my 5EP's are just over 7 months (will be posting pics soon), and they are MUCH darker in the dark areas than those. is the color off (too light) in those shots?

This was my first ever pair of Raw denim, Julian Red No wash

Worn for about 7 months. Washed twice, both times because I got stinking food on them. I think the second wash kind of destroyed them because I kind of lost my interest in them a bit and just used some old detergent. I can use them nect summer, I kinda like the twisting of the legs and the distressing around the pockets.

Almost new:

Jrcalinowashfront.jpg

Jrcalinowashback.jpg

7 months later, first wash at 6 months

JulianRedCaliNowash7manentvattFram.jpg

JulianRedCaliNowash7man1tvattBak.jpg

9 months later, about 7.5 months of wear

JulianRedcaliNowash002.jpg

JulianRedcaliNowash003.jpg

JulianRedcaliNowash005.jpg

They resemble my predistressed Acne Max Lost & found quite alot.

hmmmm. my 5EP's are just over 7 months (will be posting pics soon), and they are MUCH darker in the dark areas than those. is the color off (too light) in those shots?

yeah the pictures were taken outside (no flash) and it was overcast. the jeans are actually MUCH darker than they appear in the pics. dont know what happened.

yeah the pictures were taken outside (no flash) and it was overcast. the jeans are actually MUCH darker than they appear in the pics. dont know what happened.

that's what i figured... mine have been washed 3 times with one warm soak prior to wear (mine were purchased unwashed). do you like yours? I can't get over the depth of color in mine...crazy.

yeah...unfortunately the pictures dont really capture the color depth that these jeans have. it really is crazy. the more time goes by, the more i realize what a great pair of jeans 5ep made. i hope they make new line soon. i emailed them in the summer and they told me that they had a mens and womens line coming out for the fall. but i dont think it happened.