The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

werd, I've been watching your noms for a while and they are getting better every time you post, it seems the bottom of your jeans is still in tact, last post there were alot of thread breaks?

your jeans look awesome and you truly understand the way this thread is supposed to work. Those still look like they have life in them... but, out of curiosity, what are your plans as far as your next denim go?

thanks for the compliments! i'm super excited about them too, but they've basically been retired. the right hand pocket is completely destroyed and unstitched from the denim. they're pretty baggy and the pockets are pretty low. lately whenever i wear them i've been pegging them.

brokenglass — the bottoms are about the same as last time. maybe a little worse. i'm not really wearing these anymore. i bought some apc new standards and i started them a few months ago. i wanted to buy another pair of ndgs, as the cut is much slimmer lately, but the natural indigo is like, $320 + tax or something. which is more than $100 over what i paid last june.

ndgs prices are skyrocketing ugh k end of essay

thanks for the compliments! i'm super excited about them too, but they've basically been retired. the right hand pocket is completely destroyed and unstitched from the denim. they're pretty baggy and the pockets are pretty low. lately whenever i wear them i've been pegging them.

brokenglass — the bottoms are about the same as last time. maybe a little worse. i'm not really wearing these anymore. i bought some apc new standards and i started them a few months ago. i wanted to buy another pair of ndgs, as the cut is much slimmer lately, but the natural indigo is like, $320 + tax or something. which is more than $100 over what i paid last june.

ndgs prices are skyrocketing ugh k end of essay

New standards, sweet, keep us posted on those as well.

Stuntastic and adnrewfuncrew, did you soak your Lees? I want to know if these things shrink. Tag on it says it'll shrink, but Lees are known for being sanforized, aren't they. I have a pair that I'm ambivalent about. They look good faded (not mine, I'm talking about andrew's), I like the different color stitching, but the back looks saggy on me and the pockets are a little long on me.

i have yet to soak or wash so i can't really help with the shrinkage issue.

i've heard that a lot of lees are sanforized, but i feel like someone mentioned that these are not. im tempted to soak as mine are getting a bit loose around the waist area, but i think i'll hold out. i really didnt like the pockets at first, but i've received many compliments just because they are different.

Hey PG2G, I saw some kicking mule 1980 dry jeans in Santa Barbara a couple of days ago and they had the selvage line on the coin pocket visible... like thai fakes. Did you buy yours some time back and the new ones have changed the coin pocket? I really don't like the exposed selvage coin pocket, but the jeans looked really nice other than that.

190797879.jpg

190797889.jpg

Nothing special, my beater 6 mo. old 501XXs, 1 cold soak, and 1 light bathtub wash. Beating on these during holdiay has proven to be much easier than my Sugarcanes and Samurais.

Not to question your sanity... but why on earth would you choose to wear stfs over your sugarcanes and samurais? I have had all of those jeans and I actually get disgusted looking at my 501 stfs. I can feel the inferiority of the denim when I wear them... as such I haven't worn them for some time now. Nevertheless your jeans still look pretty nice.

thought i would post an update on my nikkis.

they had a warm soak at six months but no real wash yet.

now they are at about nine months of pretty regular wear although i never do anything too strenuous in these because the lower leg is too tight for crazy activity and , honestly, i love them so much and i fear i will never be able to replace them.

1003210ey1.jpg

1003213ov9.jpg

not exactly crotch wear more like lower ass/anti fit wear.

1003212cv6.jpg

natural light.

1003200lr0.jpg

1003202wt7.jpg

Hey PG2G, I saw some kicking mule 1980 dry jeans in Santa Barbara a couple of days ago and they had the selvage line on the coin pocket visible... like thai fakes. Did you buy yours some time back and the new ones have changed the coin pocket? I really don't like the exposed selvage coin pocket, but the jeans looked really nice other than that.

I bought mine in March, so perhaps the newish ones have that. I think I remember a thread here where someone posted them with the selvage coin pocket. I agree though, not really a necessary detail :P

I think the McCoys probably underwent the famous sandpaper wash. They look pretty damn good though. Hard to tell.

EDIT: I take back my statement... I saw the photo album now... beautiful... ridiculous.