The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

^^^ those APC look brand new?? I hope they look more worn in person!

Yea, man. They look fairly new even after so many wears. I don't wear them 'hard' enough. Problem is, I usually have them on for work and sitting in my office all day = not much wear. Sucks for me. :mad:

Yea, man. They look fairly new even after so many wears. I don't wear them 'hard' enough. Problem is, I usually have them on for work and sitting in my office all day = not much wear. Sucks for me. :mad:

I found that my APC's didn't fade easily sitting at my office job...Japanese jeans have proven to be easier.

They certainly didn't fit as I wanted them out of the box. I had a tailor take in the legs, and for the first half year I had to push them down to my hips as they had a tendency to ride up. I'm still not too happy with the general shape of them (like a slimmer repro), and I think the pockets are too wide and not deep enough. That said, they ARE the right size.

theres something about the eternal fit i really dont like. I think you got it about the pockets being too wide, and too big... I went through two pairs, neither fit me right..

Walk to the Tube. Walk from the Tube station to uni. Bike to uni occasionally when the sun is shining. Walk to the pub. Nothing really special, but having lived in America before and since I haven't owned a car in several years, I guess it's more walking than the average American person experiences (New Yorkers excluded).

im jealous of not being able to walk everywhere. I ate way more when I was in london but still lost weight.

yeah man i hear you, im at almost 4 months on my apc new cures, but the past 2 i've not been able to wear them except after i get home from the office for a few hours, and all i do is walk in them, nothing hard, and not even that much walking, mostly sitting around being lazy... oh well don't give up, the fades dont have to come in 6 months, they can come in a few years... also i wouldnt' wash them, i would just give them a cold soak or a warm soak, that will clean them a bit actually, and not lose as much indigo!

i might be reading this wrong.

but are you saying your japanese denim faded easier than your apc?

Correct...that's what I've found, but keep in mind I sit on my ass all day. I wore apc's for a few months and saw almost no fading whatsoever, but wearing SDA's I saw way more fading (mostly on the ass of course)...and I've been wearing a pair of sam's for a few weeks now and I'm already seeing fading.

Maybe that's just me though.

^ i experienced a similar realization when i switched to nicer jeans. i think its just at first, as pretty much no one wears the nicer japanese stuff raw, whereas everyone wears apc and the like raw so they have a little extra coating to burn through before the jeans start to fade.

just a hypothesis.

Correct...that's what I've found, but keep in mind I sit on my ass all day. I wore apc's for a few months and saw almost no fading whatsoever, but wearing SDA's I saw way more fading (mostly on the ass of course)...and I've been wearing a pair of sam's for a few weeks now and I'm already seeing fading.

Maybe that's just me though.

you'll see a big difference in the contrast of your sdas when you wash them in my opinion. they hold their indigo much better than almost 99% of the jeans i've worn/seen.