The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

howd you make em stand up like that?
these jams are 19oz and jsut out of a soak so they are stiff as a board
My Ande Whalls did the same thing. Have fun breaking them in for the first week :D
mine didnt go like that when i tried doing it.. i have 5 sams none of them can stand like that jesus
wtf??? let um air dry overnight and there stiff as a board.
my flatheads were that stiff pre soak

its not that hard.. i stand up even pair after a soak.

Perhaps what's best about those Eternals is that the fade is beautiful and THEY FIT WELL! So many people are wearing jeans that don't fit very well and quite frankly, look terrible. I know "it's about the denim" but seriously, there is no correlation between selvedge, dry denim and looking good in your jeans. A lot of these fades look good but I always wonder what the jeans look like when they're actually being worn. If they fit like crap, who cares about your fade? This guy with the Eternals actually has a pair of jeans that fit and the fade to match. The guy with those wack Somets tripped up on his first try. I hope we can all help him get back on track. I would recommend to him a repro fit, PRPS or Sorahikos.

Thanks. They're at the stage now where I don't feel like I have to wear them as often. My new job requiring suit & tie sort of forces my hand regarding this also. I'm undecided as to my next pair of jeans, but I probably won't buy a pair that is as deeply dyed as these - not enough time. I'm sort of holding out to see if the Self Edge Sugarcane model is suitable. I'm also keeping my eye for when the new LVC collection hits the shops - particularly the 606.

Doesn't have too much of the trademark eternal vertical fading though.

I should have macro'ed in on the thighs, but I assure you it's there.

The fading is bordeline TOO perfect and symmetrical for me though...

I feel the same way. Living in a dodgy part of London doesn't allow me to put my wallet in my pockets though - too many muggings. And I reckon I'm quite a symmetrical person. しょうがない

Perhaps what's best about those Eternals is that the fade is beautiful and THEY FIT WELL!

They certainly didn't fit as I wanted them out of the box. I had a tailor take in the legs, and for the first half year I had to push them down to my hips as they had a tendency to ride up. I'm still not too happy with the general shape of them (like a slimmer repro), and I think the pockets are too wide and not deep enough. That said, they ARE the right size.

what did you usually do in them?

Walk to the Tube. Walk from the Tube station to uni. Bike to uni occasionally when the sun is shining. Walk to the pub. Nothing really special, but having lived in America before and since I haven't owned a car in several years, I guess it's more walking than the average American person experiences (New Yorkers excluded).

when you wash jeans, how do you keep your combs like that?

I let them hang dry. Before I put them on again though, I fold them along the lines where the folds were before. Then when I put them on, the material just "finds" the folds easily as my legs move. Takes about 1 minute.

nice eternals mate!!!! how do you wash your jeans ? hot /cold?(inside out or not? ) machine? what kind of detergent? how do you dry them? machine?hang dry?

Thanks. First few washes were done by hand, cold water, minimal detergent, not inside out. Nothing really happened so for the last few washes I just threw them in the machine - cold, a bit more detergent, inside out.

I use Ecover washing powder. I think it's as strong as "regular" detergent, but I buy it for environmental reasons.

I just hang them up to dry - don't have a dryer.