The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

9 months..? looks like 3..especially for sammies

its all hidden...after he washes them, the fades will magically start appearing..there should be a study on this shit

i wore my black dukes for 6 months straight no soak/wash...when it hit 6 months there wasnt a single wear mark...looked brand new minus the creases

gave it a hot soak and a weak later i started seeing shades of grey! :D

853027102_dbccda3695.jpg

853029208_74b403d858_b.jpg

samurai black, no photoshop or anything. overcast light. these have been almost a year since i got them, but only a few months of solid wear. need to bring these back out again

much respect

Jean Shops about a year.

jeanshopsjuly0701250tr0.jpg

jeanshopsjuly0701350bl6.jpg

jeanshopsjuly07011gi8.jpg

I really like these jeans. They turned out pretty well, but I have noticed that the denim just isn't as sturdy feeling as the Samurais and Sugar Canes that I have. Nevertheless they have withstood a lot and I haven't had a Crotch blowout in these. Maybe that selvedge crotch lining does have a function.... yeah right. I think if anyone is thinking of getting Kicking Mules they should rethink and buy these. They are basically the same jean but these don't have that cheesy selvedge pocket showing. I bought these one wash, but you can order them from New York dry.

Guest Phrost

rnrswitch, how's the denim on your jean shops? From what I've read its only a little better than APCs while KMWs are praised for their quality. Also, KMWs are usually cheaper

The only KMWs that I know that are praised for their quality are the AWAs and I think that just has to do with the slubbiness of the denim otherwise the two are very similiar with very similar fits.. I believe both have a rocker and a classic fit.

Chicken, the weft is white as with most jeans. I think the light blue coloring may be the lighting. Overall I was pleased with the jeans. The denim could be a little more rugged, but that is it... Oh and a button fly would be nice.

Superstar - diggin those andes, you got some nice comb action going on. I'm still not sold on the back pockets, but each to his own!

I slipped and fell while running down a muddy hill today, thought I'd post the 'evolutionary effects' on my dukes (with that said, they're soaking in the washer with a dirty pair of chucks right now, so the evolution may only have been temporary...) (EDIT - pic taken with flash to show the mud better):

IMG_0708.jpg

Very nice, I have duke hapening on my skin too. how long have you been wearing those?

646x11c.jpg

6gahjxu.jpg

they really arent that blue though..i dunno must be the lighting/my camera

i posted them a while ago in the puma x evisu thread...page 6..the color is closer to the ones i posted a while ago in the pumaevisu thread

Can you do white balance adjustments on your camera? The pics are way too blue.