The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I'm starting to think that all 811s will become holy grails if worn long enough. Mine are coming along nicely too...

Potentially, most jeans look amazing when worn over a long period of time. Just look at the 3 years Sorahikos. People just give up too early, or move on to something else.

How long have you been wearing yours?

Potentially, most jeans look amazing when worn over a long period of time. Just look at the 3 years Sorahikos. People just give up too early, or move on to something else.

true, but i've never seen an eternal i didnt like...

daaaamn 2000db - those eternals are where it's at. Definitely in my top 5 of all jeans in the evolution thread. Don't sell them. You need to pass them down as a family heirloom or something! :D

Thanks. They do also look way better in person, my camera doesn't get the colors very right and the pics are slightly dark. They're cool jeans and I basically lived in them for a year and traveled a lot with them, but I hate keeping things around and I don't even keep pictures of trips, let alone jeans.

Guest jeffvyain

photobucket's down so i'm not posting pics on the board yet, but you can view my year old samurai s5000vx here if you want:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffvyain/

i was longboarding in them pretty regularly for a few months, and then I gave it up due to injuries so I was relatively lethargic in these for the last 6 months or so. Very happy with them regardless...I believe we're at 6 washes now.

How long have you been wearing yours?

Well I've had them for probably 5 months but I'd say they have about 2 months worth of wear. I have a lot of jeans and I _cannot_ wear the same pair of pants to work every day...

Actually I think the APCs in those fisheye pics are rather nice looking. The lap fades are really cool and subtle in the way they sort of swim in what looks like vert fading on the lap. It's really boring if everyone's fades look the same and those jeans look good to me.

So, gave the ol' Ande Whalls a second wash, and look how they turned out..

PICT0221-3.jpg

PICT0222-3.jpg

PICT0223.jpg

PICT0224-1.jpg

the white and grey stains on the thigh is paint...

actually i was kinda stunned that nothin more happened to the thighs, i have been skating them, cleaved lumber in them, carrying heavy boxes (rested them on my thighs while carrying), but nevertheless they seem to hold up...

Superstar - diggin those andes, you got some nice comb action going on. I'm still not sold on the back pockets, but each to his own!

I slipped and fell while running down a muddy hill today, thought I'd post the 'evolutionary effects' on my dukes (with that said, they're soaking in the washer with a dirty pair of chucks right now, so the evolution may only have been temporary...) (EDIT - pic taken with flash to show the mud better):

IMG_0708.jpg

Superstar - diggin those andes, you got some nice comb action going on. I'm still not sold on the back pockets, but each to his own!

I slipped and fell while running down a muddy hill today, thought I'd post the 'evolutionary effects' on my dukes (with that said, they're soaking in the washer with a dirty pair of chucks right now, so the evolution may only have been temporary...) (EDIT - pic taken with flash to show the mud better):

super nice. how long have you had them and how many washes? are those kings that you tapered a bit?