The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

they look great, but the original pictures on the road hardly resemble the fit pics. contrast was obviously jacked up a decent amount. that's probably more common than we like to think here. i guess i really don't care what you do with your pictures though, so happy editing...

I won't say there were not any contrast adjustments, as I always tinker to achieve the closes resemblance to the actual patina (this includes color and white balance on occasion) but I will say that the lighting indoors will almost invariably produce different results. Contrast was a bit exaggerated though, no lie.

when you're editing, look at your whites first. you can see how they're all blown out (just straight white...lost detail) in that picture down around the hem where the jeans have been torn up a bit. after you get those right, then you can try to match your blues. no worries mate. like i said, don't really care one way or another. just giving you some feedback. good lookin jeans though

they look great, but the original pictures on the road hardly resemble the fit pics. contrast was obviously jacked up a decent amount. that's probably more common than we like to think here. i guess i really don't care what you do with your pictures though, so happy editing...

Agreed. There are too many instances of photoshoping and I really think a fit pic gets rid of that most of the time. It's hard to jack the contrast with a bunch of shit in the background that will change color and throw up that flag.

Not a hell of a lot to show, but there's basically none of these out there to be seen. ALD Royal DarkTones at 3 months. Loads of pics...

front

frontlg7.jpg

front detail

frontdetailtj3.jpg

front - detail of the shine it can have

frontshinegv3.jpg

left leg

leftfrontlegxd9.jpg

back

backxk6.jpg

only semblance of a honeycomb

combsc6.jpg

back pockets

backpocketscr2.jpg

flap pocket

flappocketpg2.jpg

other pocket

backpocketdd3.jpg

crotch

crotchav5.jpg

im loving the color of these.. i dig the pockets, too. nice job!

Thanks for the comments. :)

wait, you COULD fit the jeans, but a bit tight, then you lost 30 lbs and they fit good?

what? did you cut off a 30 lb tumor on your shoulder or what?

They were actually very tight at the waist. Even fully stretched out they weren't comfortable to wear (the top button even started to tear away). But when I lost 30-35 lbs, that also took off about 3" from my waist and now they're perfect. I bought them before anyone knew anything about the sizing being different from the other Royals, so I had inadvertantly sized down about 4".

the backpockets are hella ugly.. sorry about it

ughhhhhhhh.

X-post from sam thread

S0500xx - been wearing them a while. i havent kept track of how many washes cos i dont really care. theyre jeans. i'll post more, better pics when i get a chance soon.

3277535851_8338c5ba1c.jpg

Samurai S0500XX over a year. i said i've post more pics - here they are

Edit: i didnt edit color or contrast.. the colors just pop outside, im sure you know that

3279649148_c68196815e.jpg

3279648658_961f5347df.jpg

Here's my samurai 0500xx's, they're at just over 9 months of wear I think

Had their 4th wash last weekend

They're coming along, takes quite a few wears after washing to get the waist a little looser and comfy again though, maybe shoulda got a 30

Hoping to wear them for years to come, they're keeping their color quite well and have lots of life left in them

In a few months I'll probably start to rotate them with a new pair that I haven't decided on yet

3279766881_ae7e9f1804.jpg

3280585494_4088122216.jpg

3280594930_c4aff1944e.jpg

fit

3279775011_a9a5ceb839.jpg