The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

onis are pretty stubborn to begin with, and i actually wanted to try do something different than quick and easy fades à la APC. i do not see how 3 washes in 6 months is excessive, i mean i only wash them when they get dirty. and it is gonna take a few more months so see better results. at the end of the day, they are just jeans. thanks for the tips!

nah dude... you gotta have a routine for it. not every day or every week, but more like once ever 2/3 weeks. Ryu's shit was amazing and he washed his shit like every week or something. it all depends on how you wash it.

trying something new isn't necessarily ruining something...

I'm sick of same fade shit

nah dude... you gotta have a routine for it. not every day or every week, but more like once ever 2/3 weeks. Ryu's shit was amazing and he washed his shit like every week or something. it all depends on how you wash it.

I concur...and I shudder when I see posts saying 'xxx jeans after 8 months, no wash' etc.

Even if you're sitting on your arse all day long, them jeans are going to be stinking of old fart and sweat....And there's going to be allsorts of dead skin and bacteria lurking in your crotch, no matter how many times you use Febreze or hang them outside...

Wash the things as needed, and don't worry about getting 'SuFu' fades or whatever; your jeans will get the fades they deserve if you wear them and wash them as necessary...

why is that wash whenever you want.

For what it's worth, I think Ryu washed his jeans once a month, not once a week. I'm just saying on the last page you said both "comon dude... walk to your mailbox every once in a while you might get more intense fades :/" and "don't want to see the same old shit all the time."

Agree to disagree, but I'm of the opinion that if you don't want to see "the same old shit" you need to risk your own denim trying new things, not pushing other people to do it for you.

Maybe this came off more aggressive than I meant it to, but I don't think I've ever seen a well faded pair of jeans on this forum and been bored. Even if the pair isn't torn to shreds, it's a little different from every other pair which is interesting in and of itself.

For what it's worth, I think Ryu washed his jeans once a month, not once a week. I'm just saying on the last page you said both "comon dude... walk to your mailbox every once in a while you might get more intense fades :/" and "don't want to see the same old shit all the time."

Agree to disagree, but I'm of the opinion that if you don't want to see "the same old shit" you need to risk your own denim trying new things, not pushing other people to do it for you.

Maybe this came off more aggressive than I meant it to, but I don't think I've ever seen a well faded pair of jeans on this forum and been bored. Even if the pair isn't torn to shreds, it's a little different from every other pair which is interesting in and of itself.

i think what nickthechibi means is that, although each pair of jeans are somewhat different, its interesting to see what would happen to an uber washed pair. i mean 300 dollar jeans should still look good no matter what you do to them. Im all for DIY experiments though.. but ill hold off for now, until i can afford to mess around XD

yeah, what I said before did come off as blunt and I didn't mean it that way, but what I meant was that he didn't have that great of a contrast fade. upon further inspection, his jean washing routine might make something new and more interesting than your average faded denim - something that really stands out.

I know what you mean by the last part and I didn't mean it in a disrespectful way

somets up there look nice

Jesus, so almost 3 years old then! The only thing I find weird about it is that my honeycombs line up perfectly with the corresponding fades, what are the odds :eek:

Let me ask you this, though: what the hell did you keep in your front pockets? I've been trying to figure it out for the past year! I thought maybe a bic lighter in the front left but totally stumped as to the front right.

Front left pocket was a cell phone and front right pocket were keys, chapstick, and miscellaneous things.

Hey guys I am new to this forum so I just wanted to say hi.

I also have a question, how do i post my pictures stored on my computer. Thanks.

Hey guys I am new to this forum so I just wanted to say hi.

I also have a question, how do i post my pictures stored on my computer. Thanks.

the easiest way to do so is to upload them via a free photo-hosting website, such as http://www.imageshack.us

if you don't mind taking the extra few minutes to create an account, http://www.photobucket.com is good for permanently storing your photos in an online album.

the easiest way to do so is to upload them via a free photo-hosting website, such as http://www.imageshack.us

if you don't mind taking the extra few minutes to create an account, http://www.photobucket.com is good for permanently storing your photos in an online album.

Thanks man.

Here are my worn in Levi Shrink to Fit Jeans at about 4 months almost every day wear next to my brand new pair. I am really liking the color change. I might wash soon. Jeans006.jpg

Jeans007.jpg

Leviworninjeanswithnewjeans008.jpg

Leviworninjeanswithnewjeans011.jpg

are those the same inseam? if so that's a shit ton of shrinkage lengthwise
No the new ones are 33-36 and my old ones are 32-33. When I soaked my old ones they did shrink like 3 inches in the inseam and now they are pretty short so I cant get any stacking. That's why I got a new pair.

just threw 7 or 8 month eternals into the washing machine along with my 3 year old lvc's for a machine wash and tumble dry

should be interesting to see how they turn out

Nice. Definitely post pictures of them both. Side by side would be awesome.

Flat Head 5100's update. It's been about 14 months since I received them but they probably have around 6-7 months of wear. 1 pre-soak, 2 machine-washes, 1 machine-dry. They got so tight after the machine dry, have to stretch them out again..

Jeans22409013.jpg

Jeans22409014.jpg

Jeans22409015.jpg

Jeans22409016.jpg

Updates on the nom de guerre raw grey's to come