The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

truestorytravis - props on the sd-103s! those are so hard to break in!

where did youget those lee's from?

Thanks very much. The SDA's are pretty tough to break, but I have been rotating them with one or two other pairs since I got them so they don't see as much action as they otherwise might.

The Lee's I got from sam113 at Context in Madison. I don't know if Lee is still making this model or if they have other resin coated jeans, but I would highly recommend them. Nice fit, great feel, break in well. I think the denim is very similar to that on andrewfuncrew's 101z's.

Lee 101z resin coated. 8 months, washed 3-4 times since February. click to enlarge.

2003144721160009468_rs.jpg

2003185478873154191_rs.jpg

chris_n your full counts look great. i would have bought a pair of the 1108 if not for the high rise. seeing your pictures makes me want to reconsider.

thanks this was my favourite pair of raw denim thus far. they have faded beautifully. I'm hoping to get in on that duckdigger group buy to try out the warehouse XX denim next.

Very nice Lees. Was wondering whatever happened to those. The wallet fade is NICE!

The fades are nice and subtle, but def. there.

So here are my Levi A-Types that I picked up in Hong Kong 4 or so months back. I've been wearing them on and off at school and what not, and they haven't been washed. They're not raw, but a really intense shade of blue; I really like them. Apologies for the bluriness in some pics, they don't use flash. Yeah, I know it's nothing impressive, but dammit all if they aren't hard to break down.

levi006smallas9.jpg

levi007smallob5.jpg

levi008smallfv9.jpg

levi010smallwr5.jpg

levi011smallqe7.jpg

Hey Larry! (!) They look good man. I have a pair of A-types as well (from the 2005 japanese release).I feel ya, they take ages to start showing wear (mine were resin coated, I'm assuming yours are as well). But after you have washed them a couple of times they start to look great. So don't get disheartened, keep going!

So here are my Levi A-Types that I picked up in Hong Kong 4 or so months back. I've been wearing them on and off at school and what not, and they haven't been washed. They're not raw, but a really intense shade of blue; I really like them. Apologies for the bluriness in some pics, they don't use flash. Yeah, I know it's nothing impressive, but dammit all if they aren't hard to break down.

I've got a pair of A-Types too ... as I understand it, these jeans are (were) raw but theyre also treated with resin and baked ... making them feel kinda like plastic at first and very color-fast ... after the first wash youll start to feel the denim texture more and theyll break in a little easier....but it does take a hellishly long time to break them in...like...double the amount of wear to get the same results as other jeans.....but hang in there! ;)

^those look awesome

my skull 5010xx mini update

a bit over a month of wear [33]

no wash no soak sz 32

4vqm0eh.jpg

these jeans are pretty cool i guess, durability is a factor but whatev

What belt is that? I'm diggin in it, and I'm in the market for a new one.

Well, seeing as I'm about to wash these because of an unfortunate fish oil accident, here are my PBJ 005s at about 1 month. not too much going on yet. I have high hopes for the vertical fading, which is crazy on the ass right now.

worn for about 4 months total not so hard worn been alternating it with the sam's... no wash no shit just worn out of the box( rather skulls paper bag..)

skullsat5months001.jpg

skullsat5months002.jpg

skullsat5months003.jpg

skullsat5months004.jpg

skullsat5months005.jpg

skullsat5months006.jpg