The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

so can any nudie experts label what the hell im wearing? lol It's not a bootcut ola because I tried them on as well and I wasnt fond of fit, and it;s not a reg. ralf because i also tried them on and didn;t like the fit...

Could be Average Joes, though I don't think they have those in the Organic Denim. You could always post them at mynudies.com. Someone there will probably know.

update on my black APCs, at about 6.5 months. One warm hand-wash in the kitchen sink with a small amount of trader joe's store-brand equvalent of dr. bronners and then hung to dry at about 5 months. I wear them only as work jeans. Stretched out like crazy (wish i woulda got a size or 2 smaller!), but still i like them.

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

p.s. the left back pocket fade is from my MP3 player. Its small and circular (sorta a half sphere shape) and fits perfectly in a back pocket.

thanks corbin...

I think (hopefully) they are kinda getting that dirty cast that indigo APC always get, but that could just be because i legitimately get them rather dirty as a result of working in them.

I'm pretty sure they will turn out really nice after a proper machine wash, but i'm not sure when that'll happen.

so can any nudie experts label what the hell im wearing? lol It's not a bootcut ola because I tried them on as well and I wasnt fond of fit, and it;s not a reg. ralf because i also tried them on and didn;t like the fit...

I'm quite inclined to think they are ES still, they denim is pilling and it's something that seems to only happen on the steven organic denim. But corbin is right, nudie sometimes mislabel their jeans.

do these look like fakes to anyone else?

nope, not really.

the only thing that could be 'non-nudie' would be the stitching at the hem

i was going to say the backpockets (stitching), but i realized they are supposed to be like that.

the rise is low enough to make them Ola's, but the bootcut is almost non-existant

they don't look all that interesting

i guess i was expecting some kind of crazy veggie-indigo kind of look with the DO models, but meh

update on my black APCs, at about 6.5 months. One warm hand-wash in the kitchen sink with a small amount of trader joe's store-brand equvalent of dr. bronners and then hung to dry at about 5 months. I wear them only as work jeans. Stretched out like crazy (wish i woulda got a size or 2 smaller!), but still i like them.

p.s. the left back pocket fade is from my MP3 player. Its small and circular (sorta a half sphere shape) and fits perfectly in a back pocket.

looking awesome jwied82. i still remember how you got lucky with these APCs on ebay.

wish i can get my hands on them. but seems like they are limited run or something.

6-7.jpgposted more pics in the sammy contest thread...

nope' date=' not really.

the only thing that could be 'non-nudie' would be the stitching at the hem

[/quote']

funny, i was going to say the opposite: one of nudie's trademarks seems to be the "trailing-off" chainstitch at the hem. this is clearly visible in the pictures above.

the rise is low enough to make them Ola's' date=' but the bootcut is almost non-existant

[/quote']

Olas don't have much of a bootcut to begin with, but the coin pocket placement is all wrong for a pair of Olas, as is the hue of the denim.

they don't look all that interesting

i guess i was expecting some kind of crazy veggie-indigo kind of look with the DO models' date=' but meh[/quote']

QFT. i have no idea what these actually are, but in their current state they're pretty uninteresting to look at... moar wear plz ;)

nudies are fucking pieces of shit, i cannot understand why u are still discussing the jeans.

they could be fake, real, mistagged or have gold plated rivets that i wouldn't care about them at all.

hahahahaha

i would say that the RR & SSDS might be the few pairs worth buying---

considering the price points for their other jeans and the hideous pre-washes..that cost more than raw

@snugglepony: regarding the hem- i was commenting more on the size of it, it's about an inch..the chainstitching seems to be a little higher than what i recall (damned short-term memory loss)..

fair points on the coin pocket and definitely the hue..

still laughing at what egpt said :D

Two sizes smaller? Really? They look great as is, but you've definitely got boxer brief or pocket bag fades. I think you got the correct size.

its pocket bag fades (I wear briefs!), and they seem to be pretty intense as far as pocket-bag fades go (the corner of the pocket bag even wore a hole through the denim).

And yeah, they dont look all that bad, but they seriously fall off of me without a belt, they are waaaay too loose in the waist.

nudies are fucking pieces of shit, i cannot understand why u are still discussing the jeans.

they could be fake, real, mistagged or have gold plated rivets that i wouldn't care about them at all.

After all my experiences with nudies, I have to grudgingly agree.

I agree. I'm not entirely sure why they are still so common here. I have a theory that Nudie is a gateway jean to a number of people, and their experience with them causes them to seach out this site. When they get here, they have been convinced by forums like mynudies and marketing that Nudie is one of the 'be-all end-all' denim brands.

ive said it before and i'll say it again... Nudies fit really well (with the exception of some of their newer cuts.. they need to stop with that nonsense). Overall i like their aesthetic, but yeah, they dont fade as nicely as other jeans or use as nice of denim and they need to stop using stretch denims in their slimmer fits.

And the pair that prompted all this discussion... they almost look like the drygreycast denim that was washed frequently without being broken in.. definately a weird color

the aesthetic, like jwied said, is nice... lots of appealing cuts to people who arent into repro jeans... too bad the quality is definitely sub par.. too many ripped crotches, broken zippers, etc.

for people not interested in repro cuts its a lot harder to find jeans you really like in terms of fit besides nudies - a select few brands like pbj, skull, somet exist.. but even then it can be hard to find something that fits as well as nudie. which explains their frequency even though most people acknowledge the less than impressive quality

I'm the same boat as fookums. Nudies were my first raw jean. I like them and still wear them a fair bit, but SF has introduced me and opened my eyes to all the other (way better) raw jeans out there. In fact, I just picked up a pair of skulls and imperials from SelfEdge which I am very excited about. So yeah, as said, nudies open the door for a lot of people to find a whole world of denim that they probably never would have found without nudies.

Alright I'm sick of studying, so you get more pics of my dukes.

Bought these in August last year, worn pretty hard and regularly. Have just been machine washed again (probably 6 times now). I have posted these a few times before. Might try to find the links in a second....

To witness the true evolution of these dukes, see the links below first...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=224567#post224567

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=224570#post224570

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=253670&postcount=2448

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=253680&postcount=2450

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=305473&postcount=3121

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=382480&postcount=3906

I have altered the pics a bit in iphoto to try and get as true a representation of colour and contrast as possible. The close-ups of the front are probably a bit more white than the jeans are in real life.

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

Thanks man. What's on the thigh you ask?

Manjuice. :D

Lol, no actually, I explained this last time somebody asked - briefly: I washed them, a bird shat on them while they were on the line; instead of washing them again, I put some cleaning solution on them which it turned out had bleach in it, and then spot-cleaned them; the bleach gradually worked through the dye/fabric in that one area. It kinda sucks, but at least there's a story behind it, and I learnt a lesson re products with bleach in them.