The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

cool, thanks. i haven't been to selfedge for some time (at least since i was out in SF) and i havent been to their site in a good long while, or at least since they got an online store. this is awesome, i just gotta make some money first...

+

do you know anywhere that i can find flat heads in a 35 or 36 waist? preferbably a 35... i'm tall, skinny, but i have weird hips, so i'm wondering if i should get a 34 (when i have the cash), or try and find a 35 or something... any suggestions?

RRLs from fall 06 bought at the Mott and Prince store after being tricked into buying it by the salesperson who swore they would shrink after a soak!! grrr (they're 32, i wanted a 30). I need to use a belt but I'm actually happy with the way they ended up fitting. I had them take off the stupid stitching design from underneath the front pockets. Here they are after about 4 months of medium wear and one wash.

RRLfrontclose1.jpg

RRLbackclose1.jpg

RRLfront1.jpg

RRLback1.jpg

RRLhoneycomb1.jpg

Jean Shops about a year old. Just before their second wash.

jeanshop2ndwash002oj8.jpg

jeanshop2ndwash005ii7.jpg

jeanshop2ndwash009om6.jpg

I try to keep my jeans as dark blue as possible. I wash them in cold water with very little soap.

http://www.bluebee.com/shopbycategorygrid.aspx?l=00150119032200000000

The rocker is a more modern cut, while the classic is a more, well you guessed it, classic cut.

So I know it's not technically jeans... and I know it's not technically MINE... eh heh, but I thought you guys would appreciate seeing my Dad's Lee cutoff denim vest. Puchased new by him in the early 1970s, I believe, (you can see the INTENSE color variation in some pictures, it's almost white now), and used pretty roughly, when he used to work construction in his teens. You can even see that one shoulder is more roughed up than the other, because that's the shoulder he used to carry lumber.

2dhbas7.jpg

43wnl8m.jpg

He even hand-painted the Rolling Stones logo on the back! (shut up, it was cool back then, I'm sure)

2h7evtd.jpg

2f085dc.jpg

2uetqbm.jpg

2yplw60.jpg