The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

more of my black apcs.

just over 4 months old now.

IMG_3651.jpg

couple holes starting to develop:

right thigh - this one is being caused by the bottom corner of the pocket bag.

IMG_3652.jpg

just below right back pocket - not sure why this one developed, i patched it up with an iron on patch on the inside of the jeans and it hasnt gotten any bigger since.

IMG_3657.jpg

one outdoor pic

IMG_3659.jpg

OK, so these things are really stretched out now, and i ive lost a couple pounds with the weather turning warmer and running more,. so these things are really falling off me now...

any suggestions for getting them back down to size without actually washing/disrupting the fading process. I really like the way they are turning out, but i also really hate having to pull my jeans up constantly at work.

BTW washing doesn't disrupt the fading process, it actually promotes it. You should have said you didn't want to wash to not disrupt the unfading process. OR you don't want to not wash to not unpromote the unfading process.

From Gordon at BiG:

This is an update on a pair of Samurai S5000VX that I've been wearing daily for about 6 months now. Hot soaked and tumble dried before wearing and machine-washed and tumbled dried every two tothree weeks afterwards. The last two washes were combined with a common laundry detergent. This is a project that I've been working on to see how these jeans react to frequent washing and tumble drying coupled with laundry detergents and heavy daily wear. I've heard and read a lot about not washing your jeans for a certain amount of time (in some cases 6 months) to increase your chances of high contrast thigh and behind the knee fading, whiskers and honeycombs respectively, and I wanted to see how they would turn out if I chose to treat them like a pair of regular ol' blue jeans. Not to say that I recommend everyone try this with their jeans as I do realize the advantages of cold water washing, non-chemical detergents, hang drying, etc., but I also wanted to show that there's no need to worry too much about how you choose to care for them if in the end you don't mind the fading. Gordon

my5g6mosfrtdkwebqr6.jpg

my5g6mosbkdkwebrz8.jpg

Something to think about. I still don't agree with his "common deterget" contention, though.

julian red nikki sixx @ 15 months

on soak at 6 months

one wash at 10 months

with way too high top boks.

1005793sx9.jpg

with wingtips cuffed and uncuffed

1005845np9.jpg

slow to fade and lose color (which is a bonus imo) but they are going to get hung on the wall when they are done.

1005808ai0.jpg

1005849ww7.jpg

1005850zu9.jpg

my5g6mosbkdkwebrz8.jpg

Guess this proves the point that not washing your jeans really does help. Evidently even Samurais get that crumbly fading that your dad's $30 jeans have from being machine washed all the time.

? i think those look great...never had a pair of shitty STF that look like those....

Guess this proves the point that not washing your jeans really does help. Evidently even Samurais get that crumbly fading that your dad's $30 jeans have from being machine washed all the time.

I think these jeans look great. The honeycombs behind the knees are nice and subtle, and Gordon even got ankle combs.