The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Those PBL are off the chain! Can't wait to rock mine again after the sammy contest.

DSCN1567.jpgMight need to wash them more aggressively.

More like some boiling hot water with a TON of oxi-clean and LOTS of agitation .. Then like 20 rinses ..

inside out of course

stil ... gorgeous jeans ..

:confused: ...all i see is pbj's full of dirt.

Give those a real wash. i hope nobody would wear visually dirty jeans, that would be a new low.

Almost everything has a name depending on location, color, etc. (honeycombs, for example).

SO...i think

This should be called a "camo fade".

since it kinda looks like camouflage

Hope I'm not ODing on pics in this thread, but I thought this was worth posting.

This weekend I went caving with a few of my friends. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, and I was wearing my PBJs and Nudie Conny. I think it was Airfrog who said "a day in the mine is worth a month on the barstool." After this trip, I'd say that's an understatement.

DSCN1570.jpg

Might need to wash them more aggressively.

fantastic!

Hope I'm not ODing on pics in this thread, but I thought this was worth posting.

This weekend I went caving with a few of my friends. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, and I was wearing my PBJs and Nudie Conny. I think it was Airfrog who said "a day in the mine is worth a month on the barstool." After this trip, I'd say that's an understatement.

Needless to say, I had to wash them. Outdoor PBJ photos, as per Kixslf's request:

DSCN1566.jpg

DSCN1572.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1570.jpg

Might need to wash them more aggressively.

there are no words.

!

it cracks me up how some people here are talking like a little dirt is like poison or something. jeans were designed to be worn in the mud. do you think the miners were like, oh shit i have to go home now because i got a little stain on my levi's? not that i expect everybody here to be wearing denim the way they were originally intended to be, but it's good to see some of us doing so.

i could understand how some people think the color fade on headtowall's pbjs are similar to apcs because you're seeing them on tiny computer monitors. but if you ever get to see faded pbjs and apcs in person, you'll see that there's a difference in the depth of color and texture. which, will help you see the subtleties better when you do see them on screen.

^^^ Nice nudies man! ^^^

OK. I am procrastinating, so you get to see some photos of my jeans.

Dukes, bought in August last year. I have posted them up here a few times. Worn almost every day for the first 4-5 months, worn regularly since then. Washed like 4 or 5 times in the washing machine.

Pics taken without a flash, indoors. They are a pretty good representation of the actual colour of the jeans. They have faded to a really nice mid-blue. I am pretty happy with them. Next project - Eternal 811s! I think they might take a little longer to fade this much...

Anyway, enjoy (sorry for some slightly blurry shots...)

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg