The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Thanks for the positive comments guys :) (and the rep, lol!)

Damienos, yeah it's sweet having an 'illegal' patch on the dukes. And I'm glad they are making the back pockets smaller too (although annoyed that they didn't do that from the start - one of my few gripes with the cut of the dukes...).

TIP - I hope you're right! I'd love to find some jeans with a similar cut to the dukes (minimal hips, slightly tapered, hem of 18 to 19cm) with denim/indigo like DDML's canes! Anything to suggest off the top of your head (aside from $700 jomons :) )?

I've been avoiding posting this. My nudie project was really disappointing. These were the hardest jeans to try and get fade on ever. I first got them on March 3rd of last year and wore them until Nov 1st of this past year.

Horrible crotch pic when I first put them on:

springbreak001.jpg

I wore the snot out of these things. Camping, lawn work, all sorts of manual labor, I went clubbing and I lived in a frat house. I got them absolutely disgustingly dirty constantly and I would just let it dry and then brush it off.

vacation033.jpg

I did that the whole way until my contest sammies arrived when I stopped wearing them. I wore them only a couple times until January 4th when I finally realized they were too filthy to keep wearing.

tour049.jpg

As you can see in the pics they had dirt and grease and all kinds of bodily fluids and some pretty stark wear showing through. I washed them and they shrank to the point where they are now unwearable and most of the hige faded away.

tour056.jpg

I was left with a clean pair of strange looking too small jeans with a huge cellphone mark. Disappointing.

its a shame nudie changed the denim on the glenns for their last season.. the old glenns fade sooo nicely.

I wish they would change the denim on the olas, or that they would have at least produced the broken twill ola... its a great fit, but seems to produces lackluster fading.

its a shame nudie changed the denim on the glenns for their last season.. the old glenns fade sooo nicely.

I wish they would change the denim on the olas, or that they would have at least produced the broken twill ola... its a great fit, but seems to produces lackluster fading.

I agree completely. When I first bought these I had been under the impression that it was the original denim. I also have a pair of older prewashed glenns which had the really thick soft denim. Shame.

nOtorious - dukes are a slim straight leg, pretty similar to nudie slim jim, but with a higher rise. I got mine tapered in about 1cm so they have a 19cm hem. I think they look better slightly tapered. The original straight leg fell too much like a bootcut for me....

thanks! i've been looking at those because i'm tall and need something with a decently long inseam. did you size down at all?

So here are my Justin Original's that I bought last june and have been wearing every day since july 7th, except for the week I went home for thanksgiving because they had jsut gotten covered in mud at work and I thought it would be disrespectful to my mother to wear them for a family gathering. I starched them occasionally when they started losing stiffness, first using a can of niagra but later moving on to undiluted Sta-flo in a spraybottle. I soaked them in hot water when I first got them, then again at 4 months. I just machine washed them last night in hot water with Dr. Bronners peppermint. I wish I would have hand washed them now since i've developed some blowouts in my honeycombs from the denim being so stiff for so long.

Click the images for larger ones

Brand New, tried on once:

th_new1.jpg

th_new2.jpg

th_new3.jpg

th_new4.jpg

th_new5.jpg

4 months, 2 soaks:

th_4month1.jpg

th_4month2.jpg

th_4month3.jpg

th_4month4.jpg