The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

^ apparently the LHT accounts for some of the delicious vertical falling.

again, more jeans please ;)

the sda lefty denim rocks! thanks for posting, szekin. i'm a big vertical fading fan and they really do it for me.

(speaking of vertical fading, eternal 811s rock, too, watchman.)

Here are my Jean Shops from pg 46:

I let them go way too long (yes, really) I wanted to wash them for a couple of weeks, but things have been fairly crazy on my end. I've had these almost exactly a year. Been washed maybe 4-5 times. They're getting really blue.

1-23-07-back.jpg

1-23-07-front.jpg

They've gotten super ridiculous soft

Here are my SD103s from pg 83, although I thought I posted another picture of them after that.... I don't have the patience to go through and track down that post right now. I've had these since March.

I couldn't believe how much the contrast on these has been jacked since my last washing. Here they are in sunlight, photos pretty much untouched

1-23-07-front-sunlight.jpg

1-23-07-back-sunlight.jpg

and here they are pictured like my last batches:

1-23-07-front.jpg

1-23-07-back.jpg

when adjusting the levels, I tried to keep the color/contrast as close to how they look IRL. The honeycombs look pretty ridiculous right now if I'm allowed to say that. The lap picture is probably the closest to how these look.

1-23-07-knees.jpg

1-23-07-lap.jpg

These things have outlived 2 relationships, numerous deaths in the family and the dissolution of my parents' marriage and their subsequent messy divorce. Good times.

I think 4 or 5 times. They were soaked when I got them, then I wash them every 2-4 months depending on whether or not they need it. 2 of those washings happened 2 weeks apart because they got super funky due to my doing a lot of manual work last summer in the GA heat. I think I washed them 2 or 3 times in a machine (with the Sugarcane Denim treatment) and I've soaked them twice.

Also, it's funny... I wasn't trying to be a bumout, but since I started documenting my jeans, I record the date as the filename. I was somewhat shocked that it's been this long with these things and I started thinking of where my life was when I first got these.

I wasn't sure if I should put these here or the Imperial thread, but these are a pair of my Kings at about 3 months, one warm soak. Sorry that the pics are kinda dark.

imperialsfrontfm9.jpg

imperialsbackiw2.jpg

Pics above are of my Kings at 3 months.

They are now at 6 months, and just had their first wash. All the pictures are from my driveway, natural light (overcast, so no direct sunlight), and no flash:

001imperialspostwashjan6vz.jpg

002imperialspostwashjan2rt.jpg

003imperialspostwashjan8pd.jpg

005imperialspostwashjan1qn.jpg

004imperialspostwashjan3gq.jpg

In the last couple months, I've put at ton of wear into these things - almost every day. However, I never really did anything very crazy in them, and gave a nice hand wash, trying to follow Serge's old recipe that made his Dukes so spectacular (his were the jeans that made me want Imperials in the first place).

Whats the best way to resize images to post them directly to the forum rather than posting links??? I'm having issues with it....

this thread might help:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=17061

but i just tried posting your image from picasa and didn't work for me, either. you might have to go with imageshack or photobucket. there are also a bunch of other discussions on this topic that might come up with some search.

by the way, some crazy honeycombs on your nudie jacket. good stuff.

and mcflip, great job with your both your denim. 103s seem to be coming along especially well.