The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

^^retire? they still have mad wear in em'. lets see the whole jean...

those IH look good period, those are a hard-breaking jean! when a dude gets his girl in IH, that's hardcore...

i still got mad cats i rep whenever the limitation is up cause they shits are that fire. i just want to prove beyond doubt that indigo is a water-insoluble molecule!

X-post, yeah I need new jeans

My Jins

Had to double wash because I forgot it in the washer for 2 days and it just stunk like wet clothes (duh). Machine wash with regular tide no bleach. 1 yr 6-7? months

Pre - double wash

IMG_0739-1.jpg

Post - double wash

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0771-1.jpg

These arcs are really holding up

IMG_0773-1.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

those jins are fro outta space and need to be quoted again. def. one of my all time faves!

these are the 2 pairs in heavy rotation right now. they both have nearly equal wear, but look completely different.

3685639446_d2226ee9c1_b.jpg

I hand washed these samurais again when I got back from tour, they needed it. this was their first time with dr. bronners.

3684829165_b4c233672e_b.jpg

the 1937s have been hand washed once without soap and soaked several times.

one of my favorite parts of the 1937s is the denim texture. its really quite mesmerizing. In a few months these are gonna look great

3684831919_7d8beebc3f.jpg

and what can you say about VX denim that hasnt already been said

3685642614_dfc2d15358.jpg

3684832227_878e376a71.jpg

RRL Straight Legs after ~5 months of wear. Two hand washes, one with only hot water, one with Dr. Bronner's. I think in about two more months of wear they will be exactly how I want them:

3685739050_dd1134c8e1.jpg

3685738408_bcec3791bc.jpg

3684928993_0f308c2aca.jpg

these are the 2 pairs in heavy rotation right now. they both have nearly equal wear, but look completely different.

3685639446_d2226ee9c1_b.jpg

I hand washed these samurais again when I got back from tour, they needed it. this was their first time with dr. bronners.

3684829165_b4c233672e_b.jpg

the 1937s have been hand washed once without soap and soaked several times.

one of my favorite parts of the 1937s is the denim texture. its really quite mesmerizing. In a few months these are gonna look great

3684831919_7d8beebc3f.jpg

and what can you say about VX denim that hasnt already been said

3685642614_dfc2d15358.jpg

3684832227_878e376a71.jpg

what band are you in?

im repairing lendo's lvc47's,and i must say i was surprised that the cone denim wasn't as 'blah' as some had said. it damn sure aint okayama level, and it ain't worth $180 a wop, but it ain't bad either...good potential. i forgot to ask how he's worn/washed them, but the denim is much softer than i expected.

Washed 5-6 times maybe more, maybe less. I can't really say i've worn them that hard though, they were in rotation w/ the rrls i'd gotten around the same time. Had them for 3 years or so and they mainly get a machine wash w bronners and then hang dry. I think i threw them in the dryer at some point after the first year when i ended up dropping lbs when i started training bjj a lot.

lenny baby! i've been repairing my own since i saw you last week( back pocket ripped off some, coin pocket, etc.) but i'm jumping on those LVC in a jiffy! im sure the momotaro will hold you down until then...

^^^^^ do you release your stuff on vinyl? Sounds like it should only be on vinyl.

^^^^^ do you release your stuff on vinyl? Sounds like it should only be on vinyl.

we tried, our label wouldnt shell out the dough. but it is broken up so each side will fit on an LP if we ever wanted to.

I know a couple bands that go through two different labels to get their stuff on both mediums. No big deal anyways. I would pos rep if I could but I must spread it around apparently. The music sounds good. Raw sounding, not too refined.

Here are my current jeans:

Nudie Slim Jim dry japans 32x32. Bought in December 07. I think they have three washes. Falling apart. Repaired crotch. The back pocket started falling off so I decided to just get rid of it.

evo2.jpg

evo3.jpg

Imperial Dukes 32. Hemmed to about 32. Bought in August 08. One wash in march. They are coming along decently.

evo4.jpg

evo5.jpg

And a picture for color comparison. Slim Jims, Dukes and SEXDBXS09

evo1.jpg