The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Man, all these jeans with crotch blow out. Do you guys bike a ton or skate or something? I get blowout all the time from riding bikes and I'm looking for a pair of jeans that won't totally shred in a few weeks. Any advice? I'm looking at saving up for iron hearts or samurais. Something on the skinnier side.

Man, all these jeans with crotch blow out. Do you guys bike a ton or skate or something? I get blowout all the time from riding bikes and I'm looking for a pair of jeans that won't totally shred in a few weeks. Any advice? I'm looking at saving up for iron hearts or samurais. Something on the skinnier side.

no crotch blowouts and skinnier side is an oxymoron. If you don't want a blowout you need to wear a more regular cut. try a samurai s510xx if you're looking for samurais. you could look into LVC 1944s or 1955.

or you could get a skinny or slim jean and either just deal with the crotchsplosions or wash more often.

no crotch blowouts and skinnier side is an oxymoron. If you don't want a blowout you need to wear a more regular cut. try a samurai s510xx if you're looking for samurais. you could look into LVC 1944s or 1955.

or you could get a skinny or slim jean and either just deal with the crotchsplosions or wash more often.

Yeah I've blown through about 15 pairs of levis, trash and vaudeville, carhartts, tripps, and wesc jeans in the last 3 years. I know they're mostly garbage jeans but I prefer a slimmer cut for both looks and for when I'm on my bike I don't like all the excess fabric. I know BiG carries Samurai. Anywhere in NY carry LVC stuff? Would heavier denim make a difference? Most of my blowouts are from wearing through the fabric rather than blowing a seam.

Not so into the whole washing thing... Either my jeans or myself. Dirty kids for life.

Ironhearts will be your best bet for not having crotch blowouts while wearing skinny jeans and riding. If you can find your size, the cyclist collaboration from Self Edge really is the best skinny jean for riding in, for a few reasons.

bunga,rockon,florian's boy adam, soonami great jeans. i hate how on this lie-brary computer i can't give +rep. florian, what's the raws ole' boy adam rocking in the pic in front of BiG? i'm physed(DC/north VA lingo for hyped) to know what his new project is. he needs to be on sufu.

you know what, you're right. Thanks for the love man. I actually just got them patched today - they're uncomfortable as fuck, but they have no holes now. meh, we'll see.

The raws are samurais - S0610LX. I love them thus far - but that don't mean shit.

Ironhearts will be your best bet for not having crotch blowouts while wearing skinny jeans and riding. If you can find your size, the cyclist collaboration from Self Edge really is the best skinny jean for riding in, for a few reasons.

agreed. Try tracking down a pair of these. PM Kiya.

Maybe he can help you.

bunga,rockon,florian's boy adam, soonami great jeans. i hate how on this lie-brary computer i can't give +rep. florian, what's the raws ole' boy adam rocking in the pic in front of BiG? i'm physed(DC/north VA lingo for hyped) to know what his new project is. he needs to be on sufu.

Just saw this...The pair he has on are sammies that he had bought about two minutes before I took the photo...great guy, you'll be hearing more from the both of us

EDIT: Also just saw that Adam himself responded on the page before...

Fullcount 0105c, 3 months.

p6040075.jpgp6040076e.jpg

p6040077.jpg

p6040080.jpg

Just washed them. They're drying now.

p6040074.jpg

If there's any noteworthy change I'll take some post wash pics.

My wife's jeans, Nudies Slim Kim Dirty Dry Stretch (unbleached cotton used on the weft I think), worn for a year and a half, salarywoman style, so only on weekends and some nights. Washed very often, every other month or so or even more often... These are retired till they get repaired, she's wearing a new pair of APC NS for the time being.

p6040089.jpg

p6040091.jpg

p6040093.jpg

Nothing special - Nudie SJDJ (Don't hate, they're my first pair of dry denim)

7 Months of wear throughout the winter. Just washed them because I feared that if I didn't, I wouldn't have much more of a crotch left on them.

dsc02603z.jpg

dsc02604.jpg

These pictures don't quite do them justice; the fading is much more prominent in person.

SExIH01 Black Overdye

Around 1 combined year of wear in spurts of 3 - 4 months at a time. Around 4 - 5 washes in Dr. B.

So hard to fade these fuckers...

IMG_0205_2.jpg

IMG_0207_2.jpg

You can still see some black in the creases on the inside of the waistband:

IMG_0215_2.jpg

IMG_0217_2.jpg

When they were new:

CIMG3472.jpg

CIMG3468.jpg

CIMG3474.jpg

CIMG3475.jpg

they became a size smaller?!?!?! brainslode.

lenn has the best james bond pbjs ive seen. i like ironhearts, but it dont like the lack of chainstitching to the end of the waistband, and the chainstitching on the hem looks loose(not enough torque). but im an asshole.

these dont get no play anymore; they urgently need some repairs around the knees and backpocket - Skull 5010 6x6 (15 months-every day)

f_Picture007m_67cc66e.jpg

f_Picture008m_b301aeb.jpg