The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Yeah, or skinnier cuts. Don't you tend to wear fuller jeans?

yup unfortunately i've got a big ass and skinnier cuts just don't flatter. plus i find them uncomfortable so i'll usually go for straight or more relaxed cuts. except for my nylons and spellbound which i still insist on squeezing in, they just look too good not to be worn anymore.

So anyone tried this method of breaking their denim in?

From Hunter S. Thompson's Hell's Angels...

"Every Angel recruit comes to his initiation wearing a new pair of Levis and a matching jacket with the sleeves cut off and a spotless emblem on the back. The ceremony varies from one chapter to another but the main feature is always the defiling of the initiate's new uniform. A bucket of dung and urine will be collected during the meeting, then poured on the newcomer's head in a solemn baptismal. Or he will take off his clothes and stand naked while the bucket of slop is poured over them and the others stomp it in.

These are his 'original', to be worn every day until they rot. The Levis are dipped in oil, then hung out to dry in the sun - or under the motorcycle at night to absorb the crankcase drippings. When they become too ragged to be functional, they are worn over other newer Levis."

Obviously i'd try this myself but I, umm, don't have a bike.

From Hunter S. Thompson's Hell's Angels...

"Every Angel recruit comes to his initiation wearing a new pair of Levis and a matching jacket with the sleeves cut off and a spotless emblem on the back. The ceremony varies from one chapter to another but the main feature is always the defiling of the initiate's new uniform. A bucket of dung and urine will be collected during the meeting, then poured on the newcomer's head in a solemn baptismal. Or he will take off his clothes and stand naked while the bucket of slop is poured over them and the others stomp it in.

These are his 'original', to be worn every day until they rot. The Levis are dipped in oil, then hung out to dry in the sun - or under the motorcycle at night to absorb the crankcase drippings. When they become too ragged to be functional, they are worn over other newer Levis."

Obviously i'd try this myself but I, umm, don't have a bike.

Haha, I think you just inspired some new antics in the Fullcount contest. ;)

Cross post from SExFH thread...SExFH05:

Well, since nothing is going on, I figured I post some more pictures. I finally got my camera back and an opportunity. These have been officially been placed into retirement status, at least until I can get them repaired.

Today marks 1 year, 1 week. 2 washes, multiple soaks.

Front

IMG_3064.jpg

Back

IMG_3075.jpg

Front Close

IMG_3073.jpg

Back Close

IMG_3078.jpg

Side Shot

IMG_3096.jpg

'Combs

IMG_3089.jpg

Patch

IMG_3085.jpg

Detail shots to follow in next post

yoke should definetly get repaired before the butt falls apart.

combs look amazing, how do the legs fit on you?

Yeah, thats the plan. I won't wear them until they have been fixed.

For 90% of the year, they were pretty tight. I would take fit pictures, but they have shrunk and I don't want to put any stress on the yoke or it may blow.

just copped some gap "skinny fit japanese selvedge" denimz - they were the last pair in the store, and they were on sale, and my size. so i said wtf and bought them for a lightweight summer pair. it'll be interesting to see how they fare in comparison to the high quality versions lol

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=16127&vid=1&pid=624548&scid=624548002

end of the summer im coppin SDA 103s. its gonna happen...

that yoke is self-repairable. if you go to a beauty-supply store for like a buck you can get a thick-ass needle that works great for denim. you can get poly-core thread anywhere.

it's funny how they call them "skinny fit" then have the model wear them all sized up like that. hope they work out for you.

haha yeah, i couldnt find them on their site for a bit because there were no jeans that actually fit skinny in the models pictures. lol they feel super thin and whatnot, and they seem to fade fast. but they were cheap, so what the hell