The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Know everyone hates diesel, but here is an old cheap pair i've had for a while

img1848.jpg

img1849.jpg

dude, were these raw when you got them or fairly close to it, ive always been interested in how non-japanese brands fade and since no one does it (myself included) i get curious.

Post wash (their 3rd). sz29. s5000vx 17oz. I think they look a lot better in real life, but here are the pictures anyways. I've had them for 14 months. I wore them 9 months straight, and then barely wore them after that.

5000_back_pow_4_4_2009.jpg

5000_front_pow_4_4_2009.jpg

Mini Leatherman tore up the coin pocket.

5000_coin_pow_4_4_2009.jpg

I like that the combs aren't too contrasty.

5000_combs_pow_4_4_2009.jpg

Fit picture. I kinda shaded the sun with my body, but you get the idea.

5000_frontfit_pow_4_4_2009.jpg

LVC 1947 at two-washes, 9 months.

I was thinking this pair wasn't anything like as nice as the pair I sold to Beatle, but I reckon it's because last time I didn't wash them properly. THey've retained their indigo well. But there are a few broken threads and the pocket bags have had it, while the crotch needed repair too.Photobucket seems to lose some of the contrast of the original photo, but this is still reasonably close.

47.jpg

And, for comparison, here is the 47 vs the one-wash 55. Both keep their indigo as well as the other; the 55 is fluffier denim. THey're distincitly different in the flesh.

Note to anyone not aware of LVC's eccentric sizing: the 47, on the left as a 34 waist. The 55, on the right, are a 32 waist. THe pics give a reasonable idea of the shading - I'm wearing the 55 now, though, and the denim is really dark and inky, much darker and a fair amount more contrasty than in the photos. (these pix are closer: http://www.trynka.net/Site/501%201955.html )

47vs55.jpg

dang, these are amazing. I didn't think I could into the PBJ fit, but I might have to cop these when it's time for the next pair.

and the repairs look great.

about how many washes &c?

i think the xx005 would look about a zillion times better sized up one size (instead of down as everyone seems to do)

those fades are impressive however. Not too many faded black pairs around the interwebz

dang, these are amazing. I didn't think I could into the PBJ fit, but I might have to cop these when it's time for the next pair.

and the repairs look great.

about how many washes &c?

I didn't soak them for the first couple months. All in all, about 2 soaks and 2 washes, always drip dried.

x - posted from The Flat Head thread...

3001Ltd purchased in 11/07 from the Flat Head, Jiyugaoka. Maybe 6 mos, total wear over those 1.5 years. 2 cold soaks, 2 (or 3?) cold washes. I've also had to have the crotch reinforced and patched from Denim Dr's, so I'm reticent to wear these so hard going forward but I expect they'll get at least 1 more 3-4 mos stint. I'm also think I'm growing impatient with raw denim...

after 1st (or 2nd?) wash

30012ndWash4.jpg

And now

092.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

I'm a little underwhelmed by my combs...

09.jpg

x-post from the 501 thread

Some update on my Mynudies 501 contest pairs. 76 total days of wear, 3 months in. Not even considering a soak yet, these babies are no where near. The honeycombs are turning out to be a REAL slow wear area for me.

damn, 30 dollar shit lookin g00d

i took a lot of pictures of my diors in many occasion but still can't find a good setup. i'll try to take some others while i'm at home and have way more space.

i wore them approximately 9 months, but had them for nearly 2 years. they've been repaired by me a few times at the crotch. i leart with them but now i'd really repair it differently !

1 soak at 7 months and 1 wash at 9 months. i cut the hem with a scissors and now i'm too lazy to sew it. might leave it that way.

img2767.jpg

img2777.jpg

img2762.jpg

img2770.jpg

img2865.jpg

img2864.jpg

So anyway;

I brought my most lightweight denim to South America, my awesome vintage Leepros, 1939 Hair-on-hides. I managed to scan some photos I took. So after two months of being in places like this:

bolivia.jpg

flod.jpg

Doing shit like this:

ko.jpg

trail.jpg

... I kind of felt that they deserved a wash. Upon arrival in New York, I thought I just might treat myself for another pair of jeans, as well.

big.jpg

(Fullcounts, for those who care)

Will post a better after-picture whenever I find the digital SLR that's lying around somewhere...

^^^ if theyre dirty wash them. nice jeans, except why are the butt pockets spread so far apart?? is it some hipflare or something??