The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Samurai S5000 BK, Size 31, about 18 months old. For reference I'm 6'0", 170lbs. I've worn these jeans in rotation and on evenings and weekends for the last year or so. They had their first machine wash after about 4 months, and have been washed much more often in the last 6 months or so. They have stretched out a bit and always fit the best right after a hot wash and heated tumble dry.

s5000bk040809front002su.jpg

s5000bk040809leftsufu.jpg

s5000bk040809backsufu.jpg

s5000bk040809rightsufu.jpg

These jeans are so soft now - a real testament to how nice that raw, unwashed denim feels after a lot of wearing and washing. They still have lots of life and I'm not planning on retiring them anytime soon.

considering there were a bunch of us that all bought the s5000bk's at the same time, DDML i'm looking in your direction, there should be more than just 3 worn pairs of s5000bk's. killer stuff. I'm wearing mine right now actually. Need to get the back pocket and crotch repaired though, crotch is worrying me as it's frayed through and is my first crotch repair I've had to do. Got some black denim from ande and will bring these up to Denim doctors when i have a free moment. Pics to follow

*patiently waiting for DDML and Poly to post pics...

Paul T... im tellin ya, post some fit comparison pics and ill post my 2 year old LVC's....

and Nom De Guerre shorts are in the wash.... first wash after a good year of wear, on and off... pics coming as soon as they dry

considering there were a bunch of us that all bought the s5000bk's at the same time, DDML i'm looking in your direction, there should be more than just 3 worn pairs of s5000bk's. killer stuff. I'm wearing mine right now actually. Need to get the back pocket and crotch repaired though, crotch is worrying me as it's frayed through and is my first crotch repair I've had to do. Got some black denim from ande and will bring these up to Denim doctors when i have a free moment. Pics to follow

Definitely. Dick Danger has those 3000BKs that I'd like to see pictures of. Kikotuei (sp?) probably has the best 5000BKs on this site and I'd really like to see a refresh of those. Poly, I look forward to seeing yours too.

Thanks all for the nice words and +rep.

Start 0 months

raf0.jpg

3 years after (doesn't get any wear during winter season) multiple crotch repairs, stinky as Hell!

raf1u.jpg

raf2h.jpg

Time for my first mashine wash (note still damp)

raf3.jpg

They have turned into almost grey shade. I don't wear grey, only black...so it's time to commit a crime. Procion MX Black Dye, Soda Ash

raf4.jpg

1 hour of cold dyeing and mashine wash and dry later

raf5.jpg

raf6.jpg

raf7.jpg