The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

SSDS that I've been wearing to work. This is like.. the sixth wash, I think. The first wash was about 3 weeks after I got them

Before:

Nudies3.jpg

Nudies2.jpg

Nudies5.jpg

After:

Nudies4.jpg

Whoah, that's some awesome fading. I actually liked them better befoe they were washed, in the top pic, but the after shot isn't bad either. Pre-washed, they kinda look like one of the distressed PRPS jeans on the PRPS website (http://prpsgoods.com/imgs/card2_img_1.jpg and http://prpsgoods.com/imgs/card2_img_1_7.jpg), of course not distressed to that degree. Very well done sir.

And may I repeat the question, what kinda work were you doing in those?

Guest jeffvyain

can someone please explain to me why everyone gets a hole near the ankle? i'm not seeing any wear there on mine, and i just don't get it. i personally am glad for the lack of a hole, so i'd kinda just like to know what to keep not doing...

mr p. - those are phenomenal . . one of the best jeans I've seen with only a year wear. do you ride a motorcycle in them daily? incredible

thanks :) and no, i dont. i just do all the normal stuff anyone else does.

prufrock and asterix: thanks.

Nicholas,

I have a few pairs of the cowboy cut slim wrangler. The fit is nice if you can get over the massive rise. I have seen some of them fade pretty well, but I was never able to achieve anything too great.

damn nicholas i like the jeans but they make your ass look baggy as hell.
Yea, my ass looks baggy in any jeans though, because I dont have much of an ass :o

Nicholas,

I have a few pairs of the cowboy cut slim wrangler. The fit is nice if you can get over the massive rise. I have seen some of them fade pretty well, but I was never able to achieve anything too great.

the rise is pretty intense but i think i can deal with it

can someone please explain to me why everyone gets a hole near the ankle? i'm not seeing any wear there on mine, and i just don't get it. i personally am glad for the lack of a hole, so i'd kinda just like to know what to keep not doing...

It comes from heel of your shoe stepping on the bottom rear of the jeans leg. This happens if the jeans are slightly too long and the ankle is wide enough to fall past your shoes.

Guest jeffvyain

yea that would explain holes at or near (if you wear turnups) the hem...but i suppose jinx probably hit the nail on the head. it just didn't occur to me because it was 5:30 am for me and i didn't realize that not all people were as bowlegged as i

And may I repeat the question, what kinda work were you doing in those?
I work in a shipping warehouse. Basically I lift lumber/concrete all day and drive a forklift around.
how about pics of the back and honeycombs.
There's basically no honeycombing. They aren't very tight and I don't starch the backs.

I did pick off the annoying back pocket stitching though.

those eternals are fucking amazing

here are my shitty STFs, been wearing em off and on for god knows how long, a few days a week since winter?

stfnatural.jpg

stfnatural2.jpg

stfresize.jpg

no wash, cold soak only, gonna wash em soon, too impatient to really care about em