The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Quote:

i always wonder why some people get that sort of stacked look at the back of the knees as opposed to the more honeycomb criss-cross type of look that we all know so well. it seems to be most prevalent with nudies. is this because of the thickness of the denim? because they have stretch? what's the deal?

--- Original message by jeffvyain on May 22, 2006 05:34 PM

i think you're partly right vis a vis the stretch...

the jeans are so slim-fitting, even behind the knees, that there's not enough extra fabric for anything but horizontal creasing when the knees are bent. with a bit of stretch woven into the denim, the jeans can be this tight and still be somewhat comfortable.

The tighter the jeans, the tighter the honeycombs are going to be on the backs of the legs. Also, on the fronts of the legs, the chevrons will be more horizontal on tighter fitting jeans. I have really skinny legs attached to a 33" pelvis, so I would have to wear some really skinny leged jeans to get those tight honeycombs.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Rswitch those Jean Shops are really nice man, do they have a website? Excellent pic's DDML

Current Label Ande Whall: http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

Old Label Dune R.I.P: http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/dunerip/

Supermarket: Custom Black Grifters: http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11688

Guest doubletap
Quote:

SSLE at around 15 or so weeks:

higs1fx.jpg

jean1uc.jpg

Cobs stretched out, are tighter than they look.

combs9ig.jpg

--- Original message by Tabris on May 23, 2006 09:33 AM

those are sweet! I love SS, best cut IMO. how much did you pay for the LE?

streamline the sickness

Quote: those are sweet! I love SS, best cut IMO. how much did you pay for the LE?

--- Original message by doubletap on May 23, 2006 05:02 PM

£100-ish, so around $187 US. I got them for quite a bargain.

Then again, this seasons SSDS will look exactly the same, minus that little flag of Sweden on the inside waistband.

Edited by Tabris on May 23, 2006 at 06:21 PM

I worn them almost everyday (except when going out because i hate cigarette smell) and the first wash came in after my scooter accident.. i had them for 11 months then.. washed them 2 times more that month

Quote: figured i'd add to all the great pics :)

Nice belt icon_smile_big.gif i have one with only gucci marks.. but i removed the buckle because it looked weir unerneath my tees :P

Edited by sarlo on May 25, 2006 at 12:42 AM