The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Quote:

never wash your jeans. all the dirt paint blood and whatever else on your jeans tells a story.

well. wash them if there is something immensly gross. but does anyone agree on not washing your jeans and leting your jeans tell a story

--- Original message by drugfreevegan on Jun 7, 2006 03:07 PM

In the same vein, I also think you should never wipe your ass. All the accumulated detritus tells a story.

Update of my new project, Edwin 505SXR. 3 months, 2 washes later:

1343479img4po.jpg

1343483img7fl.jpg

1343481img5kt.jpg

1343484img4ln.jpg

They say that they're unsanforized, but I see a big twist in the left leg, which I really like. The baggy vintage fit took a little getting used to, but I couldn't resist the fabric. It's so thick and the color is super deep. I can't wait for coldrice to get back so I can order some SC47s!

Some other pics of my old project, ED 47, 6 months and 4or 5 washes later:

1343486img6yj.jpg

1343487img5yq.jpg

1343488img2dv.jpg

What I discovered: greycast jeans break in real nice after like 2 months. I'm thinking that they won't look as nice in the long run, though... I'll bet that premium denim companies that want their raw denim to look nice in a short period of time will only dip them the same amount of times as a greycast jean.

Edited by jubei on Jun 12, 2006 at 08:17 AM

Edited by jubei on Jun 12, 2006 at 08:19 AM

Pre soak.

DSC02658.jpg

6 months, 1st soak.

I soaked these in the gulf of thailand a few weeks ago.....it was pouring rain and the air was so humid that these never properly dried and they ended up smelling like fucking shit....but yeah, to all those who question the APC's salt water rinse and its lose of indigo, here's proof, you'll lose close to none..All the people at my bungalow operation were like, what the fuck is this kid doing swimming in the ocean with his jeans on?

I ended up just washing them when i got back to the states, the honeycombs ended up being a bit too starched and probably won't do that again....i'm looking for a more natural fade....here are the soak pics..the wash pics will be up in a bit.

1st soak pics

DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

After hot wash and hang dry. the honeycombs seem so fake because i starched them so much in the first few months....so...from now on, starch is no longer on the recipe for any of my projects.

DSCN1026.jpg

DSCN1027.jpg

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Edited by poly800rock on Jun 12, 2006 at 07:06 PM

Edited by poly800rock on Jun 12, 2006 at 07:13 PM

Edited by poly800rock on Jun 12, 2006 at 07:20 PM

wow...all the jeans in the past couple of pages are turning out great.

ive been wearing my STFs since november. didnt really do much for a while...just went to school and bummed aroudn at home. i dont think my jeans will turn out nice. im gonna start playing ultimate frisbee in them. too bad id be playing by myself.

That's kind of sad johnnay . I'm no softie but that comment about frisbee and you alone kind of fucked me up man ..

Hey how old are you dude ?

Do you like riding mountain bikes ? Ride one every chance you get while wearing the jeans you will be breaking in ! Tighten your belt up so they sit how you want them to ( unless theyre already skin tight ) and ride ride ride !!

Also if you have STF - did you pre-soak them before putting them ?

Did you put them on after the soak while still damp ?

Quote:

And so is your wall... Where the fuck do you live?

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Jun 13, 2006 09:25 AM

Thanks, Tragic. I made my bed just for this little shoot. I live in a loft in an old factory building in Bushwick, Brooklyn.

It was a raw space when I moved in and part of what got my jeans worn so nicely was building walls to convert the loft into a 3 bedroom.

Quote:

That's kind of sad johnnay . I'm no softie but that comment about frisbee and you alone kind of fucked me up man ..

Hey how old are you dude ?

Do you like riding mountain bikes ? Ride one every chance you get while wearing the jeans you will be breaking in ! Tighten your belt up so they sit how you want them to ( unless theyre already skin tight ) and ride ride ride !!

Also if you have STF - did you pre-soak them before putting them ?

Did you put them on after the soak while still damp ?

--- Original message by numero_uno_3xl on Jun 13, 2006 12:02 AM

umm yeah...id rather not ride a bike. not my thing. im more of a sit down and read a book kind of guy. so whatever...

id rather wear them in naturally than do something drastic. i wore them to a club the other night...they smelled like sweat and spilled beer. disgusting.

Quote:
Quote:

And so is your wall... Where the fuck do you live?

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Jun 13, 2006 09:25 AM

Thanks, Tragic. I made my bed just for this little shoot. I live in a loft in an old factory building in Bushwick, Brooklyn.

It was a raw space when I moved in and part of what got my jeans worn so nicely was building walls to convert the loft into a 3 bedroom.

--- Original message by doctorgnar on Jun 13, 2006 10:20 AM

"Thanks, Tragic. I made my bed just for this little shoot. I live in a loft in an old factory building in Bushwick, Brooklyn."

"It was a raw space when I moved in and part of what got my jeans worn so nicely was building walls to convert the loft into a 3 bedroom."

where at? i just looked at a place off the halsey stop. cheap but the whole building was a huge fire hazard and yes maybe when i was 21 i wouldn't have cared but when you're 30 you start thinking about that shit.

Quote:

holy shit those hipsters are amazing

--- Original message by kixslf on Jun 13, 2006 01:10 PM

Thanks.

It's funny, I'm like proud of them or some shit. They're just my pants. I've just worn them so much, to work, and out skating and to shows or whatever--never really thought so much of them, until a year later and suddenly they are totally fucking rad.