The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Ha, yeah. For a second I thought that was a comment about the jeans being tight and was like "jeez, that's harsh and sort of weird," but then I remembered that the cat happened to be in the pic.

In regards to the size, they're a 30. I'm considering unwashed Okinawas for my next pair, and am wondering what size to get. I'd want them slightly looser. Any advice, experts?

Edited by headtowall on Jun 16, 2006 at 08:29 AM

Quote:

Ha, yeah. For a second I thought that was a comment about the jeans being tight and was like "jeez, that's harsh and sort of weird," but then I remembered that the cat happened to be in the pic.

In regards to the size, they're a 30. I'm considering unwashed Okinawas for my next pair, and am wondering what size to get. I'd want them slightly looser. Any advice, experts?

Edited by headtowall on Jun 16, 2006 at 08:29 AM

--- Original message by headtowall on Jun 16, 2006 08:25 AM

they make unwashed okinawa's?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

poly800rock and ddml, excuse my newbiness but SC40301N should be unwashed and for sale right..? I saw them on History Preservation. I'm actually thinking about getting a pair of them too.

Edited by Moz on Jun 16, 2006 at 10:22 AM

Quote:

poly800rock and ddml, excuse my newbiness but SC40301N should be unwashed and for sale right..? I saw them on History Preservation. I'm actually thinking about getting a pair of them too.

Edited by Moz on Jun 16, 2006 at 10:22 AM

--- Original message by Moz on Jun 16, 2006 10:21 AM

yeah, looks like they do have them unwashed. I'm basing my assumption on what i saw in Tokyo a few weeks ago...but then again, i didnt buy the blue ones. But the question is, what's the advantage of unwashed vs 1 wash as the shrinking is already finished for you in 1 wash.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

some people don't trust factories with the first wash

also, if you get them raw, soaking with them in the tub whilst wearing guarantees a perfect glove-like fit as the jeans won't shrink smaller than your person

and some purists don't intend to ever wash and want to keep the jeans as close to loomstate as possible---thus raw

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Quote:
Quote:

And so is your wall... Where the fuck do you live?

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Jun 13, 2006 09:25 AM

Thanks, Tragic. I made my bed just for this little shoot. I live in a loft in an old factory building in Bushwick, Brooklyn.

It was a raw space when I moved in and part of what got my jeans worn so nicely was building walls to convert the loft into a 3 bedroom.

--- Original message by doctorgnar on Jun 13, 2006 10:20 AM

Word? I live in Bushwick too.

"what's the advantage of unwashed vs 1 wash as the shrinking is already finished for you in 1 wash."

I like unwashed because it gives me a little more control in sizing as odd as it sounds. I can always shrink more with a hot wash, shrink minimally with a cold soak, etc... And I do like the way the raw looks, even though it may not last long.

here are pics of some double rl jeans i bought, and altered to fit. they were very baggy, huge rise. think evisu worn oversized, and they fit my waist. they fit much better now. i took the rise up about 2", which brought the leg to at least 38" and makes for great bunching at the bottom. made the legs fit slim but not tight.

179699.jpg

179700.jpg

i need to stop sliding on my ass when i skate. these are less than 5 days old and the wallet is fading.